• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upside Down Files

afdds@tampabay.rr.com

Question

6 answers to this question

Does anyone know why my mpegs are upside down in the file?

I believe it could have something to do with either your video drivers needing an update (nVidia) or the setting of the hardware/software rendering. I'd check your video card first to be sure it's got the latest drivers.

I have the same problem. Every thing I output from VideoWave8 is rendered upside down. I have a celeron 2.66. 512M of memory, 20 or so G free HD, NVidia GeForce 3 Ti200. I have downloaded the latest codecs from www.free-codecs.com, and the latest GeForce drivers from NVidia. Both downloaded and installed today. I never had this problem or any other like with VW7.

I have tried with avi, mpg, and wmv...outputing as MPEG-2 for DVD, best quality, better quality, normal quality, and smallest file size. NTSC.

Can someone tell me if there is some other possible cause besides video driver and codecs? And does anyone have any suggestions about which codec to use in combination with a GeForce 3 Ti200 video card?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to go back to Videowave 7 and forget EMC 8 all together.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

C

Perhaps I should add that viewing the file in VW8 editor shows it correctly, and previewing from the Make Movie dialog also shows the production correctly. It is only when the file is rendered.

TIA

I have the same problem. Every thing I output from VideoWave8 is rendered upside down. I have a celeron 2.66. 512M of memory, 20 or so G free HD, NVidia GeForce 3 Ti200. I have downloaded the latest codecs from www.free-codecs.com, and the latest GeForce drivers from NVidia. Both downloaded and installed today. I never had this problem or any other like with VW7.

I have tried with avi, mpg, and wmv...outputing as MPEG-2 for DVD, best quality, better quality, normal quality, and smallest file size. NTSC.

Can someone tell me if there is some other possible cause besides video driver and codecs? And does anyone have any suggestions about which codec to use in combination with a GeForce 3 Ti200 video card?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to go back to Videowave 7 and forget EMC 8 all together.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

C

Why did you install extra codecs? All the needed codecs for Videowave and MyDVD are installed with the program. I tried those free codecs before and they caused nothing but headaches. Most programs only use the codecs that they installed and don't even access the extras that you install.

For example, I have installed several video editors. They all install their own version of MPEG codec. Adobe will not use the Roxio codec, visa versa, etc. Just because you installed a ton of other codecs does not mean that any program will actually use them. Technically, they could, but probably won't.

which codec to use in combination with a GeForce 3 Ti200 video card?

Codecs are not designed for any specific video card. Most are designed for Windows APIs and/or DirectX commands. As long as the video card drivers support either or both, the video card should work fine.

I believe it could have something to do with either your video drivers needing an update (nVidia) or the setting of the hardware/software rendering. I'd check your video card first to be sure it's got the latest drivers.

Hi Paul, iv also found that old codex do this to.....

Get updated ones for mpeg side from www.freecodex.com

worked for me

I have to take baby steps. Can you get me to the video driver?

Thank you for your help!

Running Windows X-P

You should contact your manufacturer for the correct video driver. I don't even know what card you have. If you're unfamiliar with computers, ask a geeky friend to help.

Neil's suggestion above is a good one to try....didn't think of that.

Archived