• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Scene thumbnails in Videowave showing hour glass

quincy99

Question

Hopefully, someone can help me out.

I can capture my video footage through DV-AVI just fine from my sony camcoder. However, when I pull the captured video footage up in the media selector in Videowave for editing, it just shows thumbnails for each scene with hour glass icons instead of the actual scenes. If I click on the thumbnails, they play the preview or their respective scenes, but I am unable to drag and drop them into the production.

I have the latest version of DirectX and an up to date video driver. Any suggestions? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hopefully, someone can help me out.

I can capture my video footage through DV-AVI just fine from my sony camcoder. However, when I pull the captured video footage up in the media selector in Videowave for editing, it just shows thumbnails for each scene with hour glass icons instead of the actual scenes. If I click on the thumbnails, they play the preview or their respective scenes, but I am unable to drag and drop them into the production.

I have the latest version of DirectX and an up to date video driver. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Initially, hourglass thumbnails are displayed until the program has created the scenes thumbnails. This can take some time if there are many scenes in your folder, your system is slow, and many other reasons. How long are your waiting for the scenes to appear?

Initially, hourglass thumbnails are displayed until the program has created the scenes thumbnails. This can take some time if there are many scenes in your folder, your system is slow, and many other reasons. How long are your waiting for the scenes to appear?

Perhaps not long enough. I downloaded a video tape with 192 scenes in it and I've never given it more than 10 minutes. Would that also explain why I can't drop the scenes into the production?

Perhaps not long enough. I downloaded a video tape with 192 scenes in it and I've never given it more than 10 minutes. Would that also explain why I can't drop the scenes into the production?

192 scenes is definitely going to take a long time. It might explain why you cannot drop any scenes on the timeline until the thumbnails are all created. Is this all one long file? If yes how long in time is that video? I would recommend to capture in smaller segments of 10 minutes or so. It makes editing much easier and quicker.

I use a small freeware program cal WinDV to capture video from aDV camcorder tape. It breaks up the video into individual files based on the date/time stamp of your video.

Your system should be able to handle all the video work but it will be slow.

192 scenes is definitely going to take a long time. It might explain why you cannot drop any scenes on the timeline until the thumbnails are all created. Is this all one long file? If yes how long in time is that video? I would recommend to capture in smaller segments of 10 minutes or so. It makes editing much easier and quicker.

I use a small freeware program cal WinDV to capture video from aDV camcorder tape. It breaks up the video into individual files based on the date/time stamp of your video.

Your system should be able to handle all the video work but it will be slow.

Thanks for the advice. The video file is about an hour and a half long. I'll give WinDV a try this afternoon and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Archived