• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Maker Problems, v9

cosray

Question

Several problems with v9 when designing the booklet for audio discs:

1. In older versions, the left half of the booklet with the track listings would show the Track Numbers, followed by the Title, as flush left; Times would be flush right. With v9, Times immediately follow the Title. I prefer that Times be flush right with Track Numbers remaining flush left. Maybe justified is what I need, but I don't see that option.

2. In the Layout mode, if I select the left pane with the track listings, right-click and select Properties, and choose any of the formatting options (bold, italic, and underline), they also get applied to the unselected right pane with the album title. (And the album title, which had been centered, becomes flush left.) If I select the right pane and apply a formatting option, it does NOT carry over to the track listings, which is the way I expect things to work, with formatting applied only to the selected item.

3. In the Layout mode, if I select the left pane with the track listings, right-click and choose Properties, I can't change the font size. The new size will appear in the sample track at the bottom of the TrackList Properties box, but when I click on OK the new size isn't applied. The only way to change the size is with the toolbars, which is a faster way anyway. This and item 2 are just inconsistencies.

4. One of the options under EditLayout is Auto-fill from Disc. But it tries going online first, which is bizarre because I'm creating a unique disc. If I select Auto-fill from the Tools menu, it doesn't try going online first.

5. When I open a new project, the disc shows two graphics I never want printed. One is the CD-Audio logo at the bottom; the other is concentric circles just above the word Title. Any way to permanent eliminate these items?

6. When I Auto-fill from a disc, the track listings on the booklet are horrible. The box containg them is too small; the font is too big (11 points), preventing all of the songs from appearing; I always have to select Numbered rather than being able to set it once as a permanent preference.

I know I can select Size to Text, reduce the point size, center horizontally and center vertically. But before this "upgrade", this was all done for me automatically.

Likewise, the track listing on the disc is horrible. In the good old days, the list, typically 20-25 songs, would be split into two curved columns, one to the left and the other to the right of the hole; all the songs would be on the disc, complete with track numbers. I could select individual songs and position them to conform better to the edge of the disc and the center hole if I wished.

Now, only the first few songs appear, just to the left of the hole, and in a straight line. Yes, I can drag the width of the box to the left and the track numbers will conform to the disc curve, but still everything is in a single column. I can't select an individual song to reposition. If I go to 8 point type, I can fit about 20 songs on the left. (Part of the problem is that some titles are so long that they wrap onto a second line.) The area to the right is wasted because it is reserved for an image, which I will never use. Any way of getting two columns so all the songs are listed in a readable type size?

I'm going to return to v6, but it had a problem that I'll describe in a separate post.

Thanks for you help.

2 answers to this question

I think since version 7, they take away the original Label Creator and put "another" software to replace the original Label Creator. That's why you found a lots of "question".

I am doing like this -- you install the EMC 9 and install the EMC 6 Label Creator ONLY from the EMC 6 package. Don't install other program and I am sure they doesn't work with EMC 9.

Several problems with v9 when designing the booklet for audio discs:

1. In older versions, the left half of the booklet with the track listings would show the Track Numbers, followed by the Title, as flush left; Times would be flush right. With v9, Times immediately follow the Title. I prefer that Times be flush right with Track Numbers remaining flush left. Maybe justified is what I need, but I don't see that option.

Read the manual or HElp file. Going through the tutorials will also help aquaint you with what has changed.

Right click on the Smart object and choose 'Numbered List'.

Archived