• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Track Overlaps

FLHaus

Question

Is there a way to overlap audio tracks in Videowave. I try to add additional audio on my project, but can only "butt" them up together. I would like to have one track fade out as the next track fades in. This is easy to do in Music Disc Creator, but not so easy or intuitve in videowave.

Thanks.

BTW, You guys hae been a hugh help so far!

We talking about an audio track WITHIN Videowave. Not Windows Explorer.

Sorry, I thought that was obvious. :) Click EDIT

I tried that last night (Obvious choice) but it didn't work. This morning it did> Go figure. I am also having a similar problem with the text editor. I added scrolling text to the beginning of my project, but now I want to add one to the end and I cannot get into the text editor. It locks up when I try. It has something to do with DirecX 9. I have updated the driver and directx, but it still doesn't fix it.

Odd, we have very similar machines. When you installed EMC9, did yo uninstall all of the Sonic preinstalled stuff from HP?

No, but frankly I am afraid to. The only way I can capture video right now is using MYDVD v 7 that came with the computer. v 9 hangs on me whenI try capture.

I'm surprised the EMC 9 install didn't ask you to uninstall that. It should have asked you uninstall the Record Now stuff because EMC9 includes the newer versions. There maybe a conflict.

I'm going to set a restore point, remove the old, reinstall the new, and see what happens. I should be able to restore if it doesn't help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Did you fix this? Are you adding text to the internal track of an image or to the external track over several images? Work in VideoWave's Timeline view to do add text over several images. It is easier.

If you want the text to overlap previous text (or have two different text effects, you will need to use the Show/Hide tracks and then add several text tracks. Add the later text to another track and then drag it to where you want it. If you add the text to the internal track, then there is no need to do this; just add it.

At this point, it seems like you are starting to blame the computer for not working properly. That may indeed be the case but it also seems that you are not as familiar with the program as you should or could be by reading the manual. Did you watch the demo video posted in the V9 Tips and Tricks section? That video will show how to add scrolling text to one image; you can repeat the process for each image if you only want the text on one image at a time. Also sometimes waiting for a minute or two after doing something helps the computer catch up.

I got it to work. I have to reboot the computer before doing anything extensive. I'm working with HP to get a replacement unit. All hardawre tests pass, so they are quick to blame everyone else. But when I started having problems just going into My Documents, My Videos (Not in Roxio just through START), and purusing through my video files I would get a bluescreen, so I definately have some bizare stuff going on here that is computer related..

Do you have any disc image software like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image? I like using something like for a complete system restore. have never really trusted Window restore points. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. At least, that has been my experience.

No I don't have those packages. I have had similar issues with Restore, but mostly it works. The biggest issue is if a dll is being used by another program. Sometimes it reports it, sometimes not, and I'm not smart enough to know how to answer whether or not to allow the deltion.

I tried that last night (Obvious choice) but it didn't work. This morning it did> Go figure. I am also having a similar problem with the text editor. I added scrolling text to the beginning of my project, but now I want to add one to the end and I cannot get into the text editor. It locks up when I try. It has something to do with DirecX 9. I have updated the driver and directx, but it still doesn't fix it.

Did you fix this? Are you adding text to the internal track of an image or to the external track over several images? Work in VideoWave's Timeline view to do add text over several images. It is easier.

If you want the text to overlap previous text (or have two different text effects, you will need to use the Show/Hide tracks and then add several text tracks. Add the later text to another track and then drag it to where you want it. If you add the text to the internal track, then there is no need to do this; just add it.

At this point, it seems like you are starting to blame the computer for not working properly. That may indeed be the case but it also seems that you are not as familiar with the program as you should or could be by reading the manual. Did you watch the demo video posted in the V9 Tips and Tricks section? That video will show how to add scrolling text to one image; you can repeat the process for each image if you only want the text on one image at a time. Also sometimes waiting for a minute or two after doing something helps the computer catch up.

I got it to work. I have to reboot the computer before doing anything extensive. I'm working with HP to get a replacement unit. All hardawre tests pass, so they are quick to blame everyone else. But when I started having problems just going into My Documents, My Videos (Not in Roxio just through START), and perusing through my video files I would get a blue screen, so I definitely have some bizarre stuff going on here that is computer related..

Hi, Have you ever had Task Manager running when things begin to slow down.

I mean to check resources and what is happening? As you experience these???slowdowns???

I have noticed some weird behaviors even after seemingly closing EMC 9 and it seems to have a bearing on the VCGProxyFileManager which seems to run rampant in the background. I have gone so far as, end task, with it as well as resetting the priority to low(which seemed to help a little?) This after clearing the proxy files in tools> options, as well.

It would be nice to know exactly what is going on with that thing because it seems to drive the CPU as hard as it will go and then wants more, all at the expense of your project. IMHO.

Interesting thread

thanks, Fred

Hi, Have you ever had Task Manager running when things begin to slow down.

I mean to check resources and what is happening? As you experience these???slowdowns???

I have noticed some weird behaviors even after seemingly closing EMC 9 and it seems to have a bearing on the VCGProxyFileManager which seems to run rampant in the background. I have gone so far as, end task, with it as well as resetting the priority to low(which seemed to help a little?) This after clearing the proxy files in tools> options, as well.

It would be nice to know exactly what is going on with that thing because it seems to drive the CPU as hard as it will go and then wants more, all at the expense of your project. IMHO.

Interesting thread

thanks, Fred

I haven't noticed that particular one, but I have turned off Drag To Disk and Rox watch tray. That one seems to bog the computer down. I use Task manager when I see my computer slow down too so i can try and figure stuff out.

Switch to Timeline mode. Click on Show/Hide tracks and check mark the other audio tracks. There are a three other tracks you can use. just overlap the tracks. Double click the audo tracks to edit the fade in/out.

Excellent! I appreciate the help. Only one thing. When I double click the audio track, nothing happens.

Double clicking an audio track should bring up the audio editor on all AUDIO tracks. You can also RIGHT mouse button click and choose Edit Audio.

Darn. I wish it did for me, but I can get by with using the 1st tip and over lapping. Not getting the audio editor must be another of the many issues I am experiencing with this software.

Thanks again!

Archived