• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

slow burns

shantz24

Question

well i got the new video card and got ride of the error message. however if i have a slideshow or movie in dvd format on my harddrive and i use disc copier- video compilation to burn it, it takes forever. sometimes over 45 minutes. however after i have one copy of it i can copy dvd to dvd very quickly. also if i take the video_ts folder and burn it as a data file to a dvd it goes quickly and that still plays on my tv but why does it take so long to burn from the hard drive?

P4- 2.4 GHz

1.5 Gig ram

GeForce MX4000 64MB graphics card

HP840ve burner

5 answers to this question

It's not the length of time to actually burn to the media, it's the time it takes to render it

This is very CPU and graphics intensive and a lot of the slowness would be down to your graphics setup. 64 MB is nowhere near enough to be able to handle video rendering efficiently

If you already have a video_ts folder, you don't need to use the video compilation mode.

Click CD & DVD COPY Tab.

In the source, select 'Browse for disc image/DVD-video folder'.

Navigate to and select the video_ts folder

For Destination, select the burner.

Click COPY.

I use that all the time and works fine. There should be no rendering UNLESS it doesn't fit in which case Disc Copier will try to transcode to make it fit.

If you already have a video_ts folder, you don't need to use the video compilation mode.

Click CD & DVD COPY Tab.

In the source, select 'Browse for disc image/DVD-video folder'.

Navigate to and select the video_ts folder

For Destination, select the burner.

Click COPY.

I use that all the time and works fine. There should be no rendering UNLESS it doesn't fit in which case Disc Copier will try to transcode to make it fit.

I do the same thing, except my burns take about an hour for a two hour video_ts file. I can't get either of my 16x burners to go past 1.9x speed. Both have the latest firmware and I've tried turning off Norton AV and closing every other application and tried 4 different brands and DVD-r and DVD+r disks. I have gone thru Roxio 7,8,and now 9 with the same results. I'm running XP SP2, latest DirectX, with 3/4 gig ram.

Roxio Toast works great on my Mac. Just drag, drop, and 16x disks pop out in a few minutes.

Any ideas?

I do the same thing, except my burns take about an hour for a two hour video_ts file. I can't get either of my 16x burners to go past 1.9x speed. Both have the latest firmware and I've tried turning off Norton AV and closing every other application and tried 4 different brands and DVD-r and DVD+r disks. I have gone thru Roxio 7,8,and now 9 with the same results. I'm running XP SP2, latest DirectX, with 3/4 gig ram.

Roxio Toast works great on my Mac. Just drag, drop, and 16x disks pop out in a few minutes.

Any ideas?

Use Toast? What burners do you have? If you are having problems burning faster than 1.9x speed, go to Device Manager, and under the Ide/Atapi Controllers, look to see if your burners are running in PIO mode. I would bet they are.

Right click on the controller, and select uninstall. Reboot, and see if the problem is resolved.

Archived