• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

pdf viewer disabling

RMartin2

Question

I recently purchased software for viewing from gitcorp.com. I could not view it. After contacting them, they said that "Some third party cd-burning software contains their own default pdf viewer which conflicts with viewing the programs in Adobe Reader." After trial and error, I found that the problem is with Easy Media Creator 8. Is there a way to get around this? Can I disable the pdf viewer? Thank you. :)

6 answers to this question

To the best of my knowledge, no Roxio program ever included acrobat or any other pdf reader so I honestly can't say what the problem would be

Did you try downloading the latest acrobat from

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I did upload the new adobe product, but it didn't help. It is truly a software issue. When I remove roxio, the program works fine, but with roxio installed, the program doesn't work. Could I somehow disable roxio?

Thank you!!

see my previous post - as I said, EMC doesn't have a PDF Reader - it does have a UDF reader

The UDFReader.sys file is normally associated with Drag to Disc - if you uninstall that (recommended as D2D is a surefire way to lose data if you use it for backup purposes, along with Sonic DLA and Nero InCD) you should be able to work

see my previous post - as I said, EMC doesn't have a PDF Reader - it does have a UDF reader

The UDFReader.sys file is normally associated with Drag to Disc - if you uninstall that (recommended as D2D is a surefire way to lose data if you use it for backup purposes, along with Sonic DLA and Nero InCD) you should be able to work

Sounds like what I need to do, but I can't figure out how to uninstall it. Do I need to remove the program and do a choice install?

Thanks

Archived