• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Burn DVD - Says Tray Open

Dave J

Question

I have Toast 8 Titanium installed and am trying to burn my first DVD. No matter what I do Toast thinks the drive's tray is open. If I click Close Tray it does not close the tray and still says Tray Open. If I close it myself, it still thinks it is open.

This is with a new La Cie external DVD burner. I have burned DVDs with other programs. The Mac does recognize when I put a blank DVD in the drive.

Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

I have Toast 8 Titanium installed and am trying to burn my first DVD. No matter what I do Toast thinks the drive's tray is open. If I click Close Tray it does not close the tray and still says Tray Open. If I close it myself, it still thinks it is open.

This is with a new La Cie external DVD burner. I have burned DVDs with other programs. The Mac does recognize when I put a blank DVD in the drive.

Any suggestions?

You are having the same problem I am having.

:) I have the same problem. Did you ever get a response to this or have it resolved? Thanks.

This is with an external drive, right? Is it connected via USB or Firewire? When you open System Profiler and check Disc Burning does it show this drive as connected? Does it report the kinds of media that it will CD-write and DVD-write?

This is with an external drive, right? Is it connected via USB or Firewire? When you open System Profiler and check Disc Burning does it show this drive as connected? Does it report the kinds of media that it will CD-write and DVD-write?

Yes, it took a while, but the problem is resolved. It was not a Roxio problem, ecxept maybe some interface suggestions... It was not clear that Toast was looking at the internal drive.

Archived