• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD playback problem

CTL

Question

Hey folks,

Hoping some experienced EMC 9 users will have some insight to a problem

I'm having with the software.

I am attempting to make a flawless dvd-r copy of a Quicktime project. No

problems creating the dvd, but upon playback on a standard NTSC TV and

regarless of project settings (interlace, progressive, HQ, etc.), the playback

is "wavy" on any shots with camera movements. For the price, I thought this

was high end dvd authoring software-- any suggestions as to what

I may be overlooking?

Thanks for any insights -- CTL

5 answers to this question

Could depend on several things. How was the file created: progressive or interlaced? What device are you watching it on? Interlaced TV or HDTV progressive or computer monitor? You usually see the wavy lines when watching an interlaced video on a progressive monitor/TV.

Oh yeah, For less than $99, this IS NOT HIGH END DVD software. It's but a small part of an entire consumer suite. There are many DVD authoring programs out there costing hundreds and/or thousands of dollars.

For the price, I thought this was high end dvd authoring software-- any suggestions as to what I may be overlooking?

Thanks for any insights -- CTL

For the price? Let's see, for $99 you get:

CD/DVD writing (multiple options)

CD/DVD copying

Audio Editing

Audio capture

Audio CD/DVD creation

Video editing

Slideshow creation

Video Capture

DVD Authoring

System backup (multiple options)

Disc/case/cover editing

Gracenote lookup

Disc Image emulation

Disc utilities

That's 14 items without working too hard, and not counting the multiple options. If we just divide it out, you paid maybe $7.00 for each item (whether or not you use them all). I prefer to think of it as a bargain, and decent applications that are quite well integrated but not high-end. As Gary said, you can spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for high-end software, and that might be for just the DVD Authoring, or just the Video Editing portion.

You usually see the wavy lines when watching an interlaced video on a progressive monitor/TV.

Thanks for the reply. So doesn't matter if I created the dvd progessive (even though the qt may be interlaced)? If so, I will try recreating the QT progessive. -- CTL

I'm having the exact same problem. i burning in interlaced mode and trying to play it on a non-high def tv.

i ran across this post, that suggests rendering in software mode http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...439&hl=wavy. This did indeed give me different results. instead of the wave lines, i'd describe them as blury motion when the camera pans.

Any ideas? Not sure if it matters but i was using the limited edition version of MyDVD 9 and didn't have any problems there. Only after i upgraded did i run into this issue.

Archived