Badly Shaking Video

Rogerio

Question

I have the following problem with this superb product. I have a P4 with 250Gb SATA Drive for the Video Files. The Software sits on a IDE Drive. The P4 has 1Gb RAM and Windows XP. While previewing the video on the PC all is well. After the DVD-Video is burned to a DVD it is so shaky that it can not be viewed on the TV. This problem does not occur with EMC 7. Please advise or ask more questions if you need to. Many Thanks

8 answers to this question

I have the following problem with this superb product. I have a P4 with 250Gb SATA Drive for the Video Files. The Software sits on a IDE Drive. The P4 has 1Gb RAM and Windows XP. While previewing the video on the PC all is well. After the DVD-Video is burned to a DVD it is so shaky that it can not be viewed on the TV. This problem does not occur with EMC 7. Please advise or ask more questions if you need to. Many Thanks

Please post your computer specifications especially the video card/chip information.

First make sure that you have the correct setting for PAL or NTSC for the region you live. I think you are in a PAL area. You can set that in VideoWave using the top menu File>Production Settings. In Video Wave, it is under frame rate. In MyDVD, the top menu is file> Project Settings and the options are under Standard..

If the settings are correct or if that doesn't help, try burning the project to an iso file first. This is one of the options under the burn control. Make sure that is the only one checked. After the encoding is completed, use Disc Copier to copy that iso to your blank DVD disc.

Thank you for the reply sknis.

The Display Card is a Radeon X550 with 256 Mb RAM. Resolution used is 1024x768.

What specs of the computer do you require ?

What about the PAL/NTSC issue?

Hi sknis,

Have tried your suggestions. The PAL NTSC settings are all correct as per your suggestions.

I have also tried to burn via the iso creation first.

The result is the same.

I have also re-installed the software on the same SATA drive as the data since the IDE drives are slower and could be affecting the rendering (I presumed). Still no joy.

What has puzzled me is that EMC 7 did not have this problem. This seems to be a rendering problem to me.

Please advise. Regards.

Hi sknis,

Have tried your suggestions. The PAL NTSC settings are all correct as per your suggestions.

I have also tried to burn via the iso creation first.

The result is the same.

I have also re-installed the software on the same SATA drive as the data since the IDE drives are slower and could be affecting the rendering (I presumed). Still no joy.

What has puzzled me is that EMC 7 did not have this problem. This seems to be a rendering problem to me.

Please advise. Regards.

Post your video chip or card information.

A good working card with updated drivers is required to run this program properly. You'll need to update your drivers and make sure that you have Microsoft's DirectX 9c. I don't think that is the cause of the shaking but you never know. V7 didn't use the video card/chip to the same extent as V8 so perhaps that is why you are seeing the difference.

If you are not using any 3D or some page turn transitions, after you update the card, open Video Wave or MyDVD and go to the menu along the top to Tools.Options and put the dot next to software rendering. Finish the project and again burn it to an iso file (not other options selected). Preview that. If it is still jumpy then ????

Dear sknis.

The Display card chipset is based on Nvidea Nforce4 sli. The motherboard is a Foxcon NF4SLI7AA with a LGA775 processor.

I have tried software rendering instead of hardware. The result is the same. I have done the hardware test which is built into the software with the following readings : Last / Average of 430 FPS and Video to System Test at 320 Mb/s.

The system is running Directx 9.0 I will try with DirectX 9c as suggested. I have also tried another Product - "Cyberlink's PowerProducer 4". This seems to run with no hassles.

Thanks

Dear Sknis. My problem continues. I have downloaded DirexctX 9.0C. It seem to be less but still not anything like the Digital Tape.

I have provided the hardware details. Do you still need any other details. Are there any other suggestions. This is irritating. How do I fix this problem.

Dear Sknis. My problem continues. I have downloaded DirexctX 9.0C. It seem to be less but still not anything like the Digital Tape.

I have provided the hardware details. Do you still need any other details. Are there any other suggestions. This is irritating. How do I fix this problem.

Welcome back. Please download the free version of GSpot version 2.6 and add that file. Please post what the program says about the video.

I recently found that I had created an AVI file at 15 frames per second rather than the normal 29.97 NTSC or 25 for PAL. It looked OK in VideoWave but when I output it to either another AVI file or to an mpg file, the video was "jittery" when I looked at it.

Where did you get the file that you are having problems with? You said it was from a digital tape. What did you use to capture it? What format? How did you have the camera plugged into your computer? It could be something similar to what I experienced if you captured it at other than the avi or mpg2 normal settings.

Please post your computer specifications especially the video card/chip information.

First make sure that you have the correct setting for PAL or NTSC for the region you live. I think you are in a PAL area. You can set that in VideoWave using the top menu File>Production Settings. In Video Wave, it is under frame rate. In MyDVD, the top menu is file> Project Settings and the options are under Standard..

If the settings are correct or if that doesn't help, try burning the project to an iso file first. This is one of the options under the burn control. Make sure that is the only one checked. After the encoding is completed, use Disc Copier to copy that iso to your blank DVD disc.

Post your video chip or card information.

A good working card with updated drivers is required to run this program properly. You'll need to update your drivers and make sure that you have Microsoft's DirectX 9c. I don't think that is the cause of the shaking but you never know. V7 didn't use the video card/chip to the same extent as V8 so perhaps that is why you are seeing the difference.

If you are not using any 3D or some page turn transitions, after you update the card, open Video Wave or MyDVD and go to the menu along the top to Tools.Options and put the dot next to software rendering. Finish the project and again burn it to an iso file (not other options selected). Preview that. If it is still jumpy then ????

Dear sknis.

The Display card chipset is based on Nvidea Nforce4 sli. The motherboard is a Foxcon NF4SLI7AA with a LGA775 processor.

I have tried software rendering instead of hardware. The result is the same. I have done the hardware test which is built into the software with the following readings : Last / Average of 430 FPS and Video to System Test at 320 Mb/s.

The system is running Directx 9.0 I will try with DirectX 9c as suggested. I have also tried another Product - "Cyberlink's PowerProducer 4". This seems to run with no hassles.

Thanks

Archived