• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

RecordNow (5.0)

Frank N

Question

I have RecordNow, v.5.0, but I am going to be burning my first (of many) audio CDs. I have done a number of CDs on a Philips CD burner that is several years old. I was wondering if RecordNow places a set amount of 'silence' between tracks burned onto the CD? (The Philips will do 4 sec., if desired). So if I have a number of WAV files that add up to 79' 52" (for an 80 min. CD), and I have placed 4 sec. of silence with each WAV file, will RecordNow add more silence, and, hence, go over the 80 min. limit? If not, I am OK; if so, then I will have to take out the 'silence' from each WAV file (assuming that RecordNow inserts only 4 sec. or less of silence between CD tracks) so that it will fit on the 80 min. CD. If RecordNow adds 'silence' (or a blank space) at the end (presumably) of each track (or file), how many seconds of silence does it add?

Also, does RecordNow increase the CD Counter for each new file burned onto the CD? - so that when played back, the CD display will increase to the next number (track number) for each new 'selection'?

thanx.

Frank N

1 answer to this question

The gap isn't an actual audio track, it's information on the disc so it won't put you over the time.

I'm not following what your last question is asking.

Depending on your version you can manually set the gap between tracks by right clicking on the audio tracks in the playlist window, before burning, and hit properties (or the equivilent). There you can set the gap between each track, but this is dependent upon your version and may or may not be included.

Archived