Error Opening Videowave 7 Production

henkrolvink

Question

5 answers to this question

I have found that most of the EMC 7.5 VW productions will not work properly in EMC 8. Only the most simple ones do. In most cases the productions does open but many of the transitions, effects, etc will not work. I am continuing to work on the "old" productions in EMC 7.5.

My guess is that - also looking at the dll that causes the error (sbddata.dll) - it is infomation missing contained in the production file. The Story Board Data (sbddata.dll) is looking for files that were available in Videowave 7 but - due to the fact I uninstalled Videowave 7 - can no longer be found.

My suggestion would be to complete all productions in Videowave 7 or keep Videowave 7 availabel on your machine.

I will do a re-install of Videowave 7 :) in order to get my production back so I can complete it.

When opening a VideWave production created in version 7 I get an error in sbddata.dll at offset 3f575. Also the backup file I created will not open. :huh:

Anybody has a solution to this?

Henk Rolvink

I have done some research and can add the following. A VideoWave 7 production seems to be backward compatible, but..... not always :).

I have two productions. One was captured and split into scenes, some 500. The only thing I have added are transitions. Nothing else. This production opens fine and I can work with it.

The other production was also captured and split into scenes. This production was worked on a little further than the first one. Transitions were added but also music - one mp3 clip - and the scenes where editted for length. This production does not open.

Anybody aware of a backward compatibility issue?

I have done some research and can add the following. A VideoWave 7 production seems to be backward compatible, but..... not always :).

I have two productions. One was captured and split into scenes, some 500. The only thing I have added are transitions. Nothing else. This production opens fine and I can work with it.

The other production was also captured and split into scenes. This production was worked on a little further than the first one. Transitions were added but also music - one mp3 clip - and the scenes where editted for length. This production does not open.

Anybody aware of a backward compatibility issue?

I have found that most of the EMC 7.5 VW productions will not work properly in EMC 8. Only the most simple ones do. In most cases the productions does open but many of the transitions, effects, etc will not work. I am continuing to work on the "old" productions in EMC 7.5.

My guess is that - also looking at the dll that causes the error (sbddata.dll) - it is infomation missing contained in the production file. The Story Board Data (sbddata.dll) is looking for files that were available in Videowave 7 but - due to the fact I uninstalled Videowave 7 - can no longer be found.

My suggestion would be to complete all productions in Videowave 7 or keep Videowave 7 availabel on your machine.

I will do a re-install of Videowave 7 :) in order to get my production back so I can complete it.

I have re-installed EMC 7 and all works fine. I will first complete my VideoWave 7 production and than try - with both version installed - to use EMC 8.

Archived