MY DVD 9 EP DOES NOT SHOW MP2 VIDEO FILE

MYDVD?

Question

8 answers to this question

What is DVD 9 EP? Something you got with a computer or a burner? or did you mean Studio Premier?

Please give us a little more detail. When the new window opened, did you select the folder icon or the My Media icon? Did you get a mpg2 activation message and follow the instructions? I believe that MyDVD 9 Studio Premier is the same as the MyDVD in EMC 9 and that required a codec activation. Open and close MyDVD several times to see if you get the activation message if you have not already gotten it.

EP Stands for Studio Premiere (I have the Spanish Version). I bought it by upgrading from MYDVD 4 through download. Installation finished OK with no issues.

I don't recall receiving an mpeg2 activation message. MP2 files are not available in the "add new title" from the "add new movie (video)" from the main "CREATE DVD" window.

None of these files formats are supported in Videowave/MyDVD because they have non-standard file extensions.

If you click on Add Video/Image, you will see the list of 'valid' formats. MP2 is not there but M2P is listed. The JVC uses .MOD. All you have to do is change the file extension to MPG and they will work.

:) When Selecting "ADD MOVIES" and even though MP2 are supposed to be recognized the browse screen does not show MP2 Video files.

What is DVD 9 EP? Something you got with a computer or a burner? or did you mean Studio Premier?

Please give us a little more detail. When the new window opened, did you select the folder icon or the My Media icon? Did you get a mpg2 activation message and follow the instructions? I believe that MyDVD 9 Studio Premier is the same as the MyDVD in EMC 9 and that required a codec activation. Open and close MyDVD several times to see if you get the activation message if you have not already gotten it.

None of these files formats are supported in Videowave/MyDVD because they have non-standard file extensions.

If you click on Add Video/Image, you will see the list of 'valid' formats. MP2 is not there but M2P is listed. The JVC uses .MOD. All you have to do is change the file extension to MPG and they will work.

Thanks... the files that are recognized and accepted into MyDVD media are of type MPEG-2. They are "movie clips". The files that are NOT recognized also are "movie clips". They don't have a file extension nor do they show a type. When I added the extension, .mpg, it still failed to recognize them.

I know I'm missing something here... I'm not a whiz at this stuff.

thanks for you help...

All file types in Windows have to have an extension.Right click on one of the files,go to properties and see if it shows a file type on the first page.If it does try adding that file extensaion to the end of the name.Where did these "clips" come from?Maybe that site has some insight as to the file type and extension needed.

Thanks... the files that are recognized and accepted into MyDVD media are of type MPEG-2. They are "movie clips". The files that are NOT recognized also are "movie clips". They don't have a file extension nor do they show a type. When I added the extension, .mpg, it still failed to recognize them.

I know I'm missing something here... I'm not a whiz at this stuff.

thanks for you help...

If the files don't have an extension showing, you have to have Windows show them, and also show Hidden folders.

Go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options, click on View, scroll down to Hidden Files and folders, and click in the circle to the left of Show hidden files and folders. Then , uncheck the box to the left of Hide extensions for known file types. Click on Apply, then Ok.

You should now be able to see the file extensions of all of yur movie clips.

Archived