Drive Is Empty Message When Burning Dual Layer

gdewald

Question

I am having difficulty when trying to burn large movies to a Dual Layer DVD. I get a message that the Drive is empty on the burning panel and the burn button is not available (greyed). However the proper size of the disc is displayed.

I have tried several workarounds.

I changed to a single layer disc and the drive empty message changes to project is too large for disc.

I freed up more space on the hard drive.

I burned the movie to an .iso file and then used copy image to the drive (this works so the disc is compatable with the drive in this scenario)

Are there any suggestions as to why the file will not burn directly? It is probably something simple but for the life of me I cannot think of what it could be. Any suggestions are appreciated.

1 answer to this question

IMHO, this is the preferred method of doing it. In the long run, it does save time especially if you want to make multiple copies. :)

Remember Roxio takes the information from your burner and uses them to run the burn. Roxio does not have any drivers for your burner. You might try updating the firmware for that burner (no comments about this suggestion by others please :huh: ) since there may be a failure to communicate.

I am having difficulty when trying to burn large movies to a Dual Layer DVD. I get a message that the Drive is empty on the burning panel and the burn button is not available (greyed). However the proper size of the disc is displayed.

I have tried several workarounds.

I changed to a single layer disc and the drive empty message changes to project is too large for disc.

I freed up more space on the hard drive.

I burned the movie to an .iso file and then used copy image to the drive (this works so the disc is compatable with the drive in this scenario)

Are there any suggestions as to why the file will not burn directly? It is probably something simple but for the life of me I cannot think of what it could be. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Archived