• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
linkster2

Newbie: Wondering If Popcorn Will Work On This System?

Question

Looking at burning some of my movies (backing them up, etc). I will be putting Popcorn for starters on my powerbook first and if I can put it on my tower would be good (can you?). Any problems anyone forsees? Does Popcorn work better with OSX Panther or Tiger? Also If I order it online (download version) any updates I need to get or is the current download version fixed? Any help here and any Burning advice would be much appeciated.

Just a newbie, so thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

Works fine on both system.

Needs to be latest version 1.0.3 for full Tiger support.

What you get in the box in a store is likely not latest - boxes are almost always older. What you download and buy is probably latest.

Update is free for either.

I'd be careful. Popocorn never worked for me. I can't download the update and there is no support (just check on the left side of this page and try to find popcorn).

Just download the 1.0.3 update and it worked perfect. If you can't get it, it's users error.

See the separate thread on "update woes" about problems downloading the patch. I'm not the only one with the problem. While it's possible that my system is at fault (although I'm no beginner and transfert files on a daily basis, including updates from other companies), I should be able to get customer support.

And I bought Popcorn after the 1.0.3 patch was released, and the software I received (software download from Roxio's site, not physical) was 1.0. I recently tried to re-download it from the original link and got 1.0.2.

Just try to get customer support on Popcorn, you'll see.

Popcorn is of course a supported product, just like all Roxio Mac software products.

If your, or anyone who uses our software, post questions here to these forums, other users and Roxio employees answer the questions.

Do you have a question about Popcorn?

For anyone else considering Popcorn, you may want to check out the reviews on Amazon... there's 27, mostly positive, but should help you make you own choice. DVD2One is also a good product, but ask around about the latest version - it's gotten some negative feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...g=UTF8&v=glance

Popcorn is of course a supported product, just like all Roxio Mac software products.

If your, or anyone who uses our software, post questions here to these forums, other users and Roxio employees answer the questions.

Do you have a question about Popcorn?

Yes I have a question. I posted a question a week ago and got no answer (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=1599). I've been trying to download the 1.0.3 patch and I've been running in circle. No one gave me an answer except "it's your fault", or "it works for me."

The support section doesn't list Popcorn. If you ask Roxane she says she can't answer questions about popcorn. There is no email contact for technical support.

Yes I have a question. I posted a question a week ago and got no answer (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=1599). I've been trying to download the 1.0.3 patch and I've been running in circle. No one gave me an answer except "it's your fault", or "it works for me."

The support section doesn't list Popcorn. If you ask Roxane she says she can't answer questions about popcorn. There is no email contact for technical support.

If you are running something like NetBarrier, disable it. If running a wireless network, try connecting via ethernet connection.