MarcP

Vista Error

Question

I get this message now when starting Vista after the Media Creator 9 install.

This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues.

Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website. If solutions are found, Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Driver: Sonic Slutions DLA

Publisher: Sonic Solutions

A driver is installed that causes stability problems wiht your system. the driver will be disabled, Please

contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of windows.

There is no online solution and Roxio support site is useless.

Edited by MarcP

Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website. If solutions are found, Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

A driver is installed that causes stability problems wiht your system. the driver will be disabled, Please

contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of windows.

Uninstall Sonic DLA. It will conflict with EMC 9's Drag to Disc.

Uninstall Sonic DLA. It will conflict with EMC 9's Drag to Disc.

And DLA is not Vista compatible.

And DLA is not Vista compatible.

As promised many month ago I, sorry WE, are still waiting for the update. Now VISTA is definetly available for ALL users but still no updates. So please roxio give us some updates at least when do you plan to release the update...???

As promised many month ago I, sorry WE, are still waiting for the update. Now VISTA is definetly available for ALL users but still no updates. So please roxio give us some updates at least when do you plan to release the update...???

We aren't Roxio. We are users just like you, and if you install Vista, Roxio will be the least of your problems. :)

Hey sorry to tell you that as the guys have said, EMC9 Standard Edition will have issues on a vista computer until they release a current fix patch to sort that issue out.

But on a testing side, the boxed version of the new EMC Deluxe seems to run ok on my vista test computer... so there is always that option?

or wait till Roxio decide to release the Vista Patch.

or wait till Roxio decide to release the Vista Patch.

And don't overlook the fact that as Vista is barely 24 hours in the wild, it is going to take time to get the patch out - it won't happen overnight

And don't overlook the fact that as Vista is barely 24 hours in the wild, it is going to take time to get the patch out - it won't happen overnight

You so correct on that comment

Yes but they've had since October and everybody else seems to have had theirs ready. Nero have...

Your not the only one getting this, and I can agree that DLA can be uninstalled... But I just followed the regular install process that I did in XP (because the website states its compatible!)

Now I see this, which makes me wonder!

I'm going to try to ignore it for a bit until Roxio determines if a patch is adequate.... I'll investigate more when I get a chance... Keep me posted if anyone hears differently!

Your not the only one getting this, and I can agree that DLA can be uninstalled... But I just followed the regular install process that I did in XP (because the website states its compatible!)

Now I see this, which makes me wonder!

I'm going to try to ignore it for a bit until Roxio determines if a patch is adequate.... I'll investigate more when I get a chance... Keep me posted if anyone hears differently!

Two packet writers, on the same machine, conflict:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ost&p=90934

Two packet writers, on the same machine, conflict:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ost&p=90934

I agree with your statement, but Roxio did the installation as far as I can see... I just installed the Roxio Creator 9 cd, allowed it to process, installed the content CD allowed it to process, and now as "MarcP" noticed we recieve this error.

Roxio states Easy CD 9 is Vista compatible, but then again if components of it are not, they need to offer us with a installation process or update that corrects this issue.

I think thats what individuals are trying to say here and I agree experiencing this process first hand.

Not trying to be a pain, but just noticing that there is a Vista incompatibility imposed by the default install process.

The Roxio EMC9 suite installs Drag to Disc which is incompatible with Sonic DLA which is NOT installed by EMC9

Both these programs existed separately before the merger

If you had installed Nero with InCD you would have EXACTLY the same problem no matter what OS you used

The Roxio EMC9 suite installs Drag to Disc which is incompatible with Sonic DLA which is NOT installed by EMC9

Both these programs existed separately before the merger

If you had installed Nero with InCD you would have EXACTLY the same problem no matter what OS you used

Then to tell you the truth, I don't know how Sonic DLA got there!... I only started to recieve the error after installing the product... I will review my system, the contents and more to see what happens...

I'd be curious to start hearing about this from any other users who experience this...

Additionally there are a few Roxio KB Articles about this (which makes me believe that when the merger between the two organizations happened that the blend occured... Could this have happened due to the contents and extra Sonic features added when Roxio included some of their products in)

See KB Articles:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/RecordNow/000121CR

I'd be definately interested in hearing from the moderators and that if they know of any details behind this!

I will also search my installed apps later tonight to see if DLA is in there!

All I can say for certain is that when I installed EMC9 I didn't have DLA on my system either before or after. I did have D2D which I removed anyway (I never use it).

However - I do know that some of the box shifters do have DLA pre-installed (Dell does to the best of my knowledge)

My box is home brewed so I only got on it what I wanted to be there

All I can say for certain is that when I installed EMC9 I didn't have DLA on my system either before or after. I did have D2D which I removed anyway (I never use it).

However - I do know that some of the box shifters do have DLA pre-installed (Dell does to the best of my knowledge)

My box is home brewed so I only got on it what I wanted to be there

Yeah, well the only thing further to explain about this mistery is that I intalled Vista Clean. so no pre-packaged products should have existed.

I then installed Diskeeper, NIS 2007, Windows Updates, Acrobat, HP and Canon Drivers, and then Roxio EMC 9. So nothing strange that I would have expected to install this app except for EMC 9.

Like I said, be curious to know who/what installed it to begin with.

I'm totally stumped there as to where it came from - I even checked the downlaod exe file (opened it with winrar) and can't see any sign of DLA in either the program or content files

I'm totally stumped there as to where it came from - I even checked the downlaod exe file (opened it with winrar) and can't see any sign of DLA in either the program or content files

I installed via CDs for EMC 9, it has 2 disks one for the app one for the content.... Could it have originated off of the second disk since it has a separate install?

I checked both download files and didn't see it. Whether or not it's on the CDs I can't say for certain but the download program file seems to be a self-extract archive of the CD (it has the autorun.inf in it)

I checked both download files and didn't see it. Whether or not it's on the CDs I can't say for certain but the download program file seems to be a self-extract archive of the CD (it has the autorun.inf in it)

In my program download file (and on the program cd I have) I see a DLA32_52 folder that looks like it has the DLA msi installer in it. It's there as I recall because it gets installed on W2K instead of D2D because D2D in v9 is not compatible with W2K. I'm not sure if it happens in other situations also, like if you had an earlier version of DLA installed, maybe it would install that one instead of D2D. I've only ever seen it install D2D on XP tho.

Maybe the same thing (or something similar) the installer "sees" when it's installing on W2K and determines that DLA needs to be installed rather than D2D is also happening in this case. Which would be bad, since DLA is not Vista compatible as i understood it. And I thought Vista had it's own packet writing software?

Actually Larry, the Windows one is session writing and not packet writing (a bit more reliable than packet)

Vista introduced session for DVD (it only existed for CD in XP)

Actually Larry, the Windows one is session writing and not packet writing (a bit more reliable than packet)

Vista introduced session for DVD (it only existed for CD in XP)

Yeah I knew XP's was session only, but I thought I'd read somewhere that Vista would include packet writing also. Probably just bad memory on my part. At least they added sessions for DVD.

In my program download file (and on the program cd I have) I see a DLA32_52 folder that looks like it has the DLA msi installer in it. It's there as I recall because it gets installed on W2K instead of D2D because D2D in v9 is not compatible with W2K. I'm not sure if it happens in other situations also, like if you had an earlier version of DLA installed, maybe it would install that one instead of D2D. I've only ever seen it install D2D on XP tho.

Maybe the same thing (or something similar) the installer "sees" when it's installing on W2K and determines that DLA needs to be installed rather than D2D is also happening in this case. Which would be bad, since DLA is not Vista compatible as i understood it. And I thought Vista had it's own packet writing software?

BTW: I got the same message (incomp driver) after I installed the MS patches that came out today.

I installed EMC in september and never got this message before. I will deinstall D2D and reboot...

Vista does have its own application similar to Win XP did, but its no where near as functional as EMC 9.

Its like the defragmenter that is included, yeah it helps but it does no where near the work that the full blown Diskeeper product can do.

I wonder if the installer inquires the system and asks for the OS Build, and they are using a switching clause in that installer (such as if WinXP install D2D, if blah then D2D, else DLA)... That would make logical sense... and since they didn't expect Vista when they wrote it they built their clause the wrong way

Where logically it should be if W2K DLA, else if WinXP or greater then D2D!

Hmmm... Is there any way to logically see if D2D got installed?? Just wondering if it would be shown in Add/Remove programs...

I'm thinking that I should definitely remove DLA from the add/remove programs as identified in the prior KB article

BTW: I got the same message (incomp driver) after I installed the MS patches that came out today.

I installed EMC in september and never got this message before. I will deinstall D2D and reboot...

I deinstalled D2D now and got no error after reboot. Since I never used it it does not matter for me.

Vista does have its own application similar to Win XP did, but its no where near as functional as EMC 9.

Its like the defragmenter that is included, yeah it helps but it does no where near the work that the full blown Diskeeper product can do.

I wonder if the installer inquires the system and asks for the OS Build, and they are using a switching clause in that installer (such as if WinXP install D2D, if blah then D2D, else DLA)... That would make logical sense... and since they didn't expect Vista when they wrote it they built their clause the wrong way

Where logically it should be if W2K DLA, else if WinXP or greater then D2D!

Hmmm... Is there any way to logically see if D2D got installed?? Just wondering if it would be shown in Add/Remove programs...

I'm thinking that I should definitely remove DLA from the add/remove programs as identified in the prior KB article

If it was me, I'd try the add/remove programs route. I'm guessing it should show there since it's noted in the kb article.