Black screen in preview window saving new menu style

Patrick 7120

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi,

I will look at this. I download the software. I did check the minimal specs and it did seems to meet!!! I bought it during christmas!

Hi,

And I did install directx9 c and it is support to be supperted. At least partially. They said there might be a problem with tilting! I did update with the latest driver! Seems like my last options is trying to get refund!

Well, you should be able to save your own template. The only thing I can think of besides a video adapter problem or a corrupt install, is if you have renamed, moved or deleted any of the material you used to make the menu that may be the problem. When you select (for example) a video or picture for the background, it doesn't embbed it into the template, it just keeps a link to where it is.

If that doesn't help, try doing a Repair on your install thru Add/Remove programs. if that doesn't help, post back with some specs on your system, especially the video adapter you have.

Thanks for the info. I did update everything but still have the same problem. I can see the new menu in the production, but when I try to save as a new style, i only see a black screen and it is save as a black screen. So I can't re-use it or apply to all of the other pages of my production.

Thank you for your help

HI,

No, I did not move any of the files. In fact, I was never able to save any menu style. I take a pre-define one, just change the background picture in the main menu and when I save the meny style, in the preview window, I see a black screen for the main window and the picture of the sub-menu that I did not change...If I change the sub-menu, then I see black screen for those.

I have a pentium M 1,6Ghz with 512 RAM. Graphing card is Intel Extreme for mobile 2 with 64MB.

Thank you for your help

You don't have a card; just on board chips. That is the problem. See if you can update the drivers for those chips. Make sure you program is set to render in software. MyDVD top menu>tools>options. Put the dot near software. I'd still be surprised if your computer worked very well with this program. It will be painfully slow and those black screens may mean that the program is still trying to load the image. I'm surprised that you don't have frequent freeze ups. Also make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft's DirectX 9c. If you card does not support 9c, then the program won't run because it does not meet the minimum specs. From what I see, those chips do not support DirectX 9c (look at the middle of the table -D7,D8)

Did you buy the box version of download? How long ago?

HI,

No, I did not move any of the files. In fact, I was never able to save any menu style. I take a pre-define one, just change the background picture in the main menu and when I save the meny style, in the preview window, I see a black screen for the main window and the picture of the sub-menu that I did not change...If I change the sub-menu, then I see black screen for those.

I have a pentium M 1,6Ghz with 512 RAM. Graphing card is Intel Extreme for mobile 2 with 64MB.

Thank you for your help

Archived