• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My DVD

bds1958

Question

12 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick response.

Where do I get the "coloured panel"?

Once in a Videowave, right click a blank panel and you will see the "Insert Color Panel" (I forgot the exact wording) as one of the options. I think it is also available in the menu bar under Edit.

Don't limit yourself to just a color panel. You can use any image or mpg video file and any audio file.

Check out the instructions and video in the Tips and Tricks area. Here. (a lagniappe for your question/answer :) )

Yep........I've used an image and an mpg.............just wanted a good old fashioned "plain" one.

What's a "lagniappe"?

la·gniappe (lăn'yəp, lăn-yăp') pron.gif

n. Chiefly Southern Louisiana & Mississippi.

1. A small gift presented by a storeowner to a customer with the customer's purchase.
  2. An extra or unexpected gift or benefit. Also called boot.

lagniappe; lagnappe [lan-YAP; LAN-yap] Used primarily in southern Louisiana and southeast Texas, the word lagniappe refers to an "unexpected something extra." It could be an additional doughnut (as in "baker's dozen"), a free "one for the road" drink, an unanticipated tip for someone who provides a special service or possibly a complimentary dessert for a regular customer.

la·gniappe (lăn'yəp, lăn-yăp') pron.gif

n. Chiefly Southern Louisiana & Mississippi.

1. A small gift presented by a storeowner to a customer with the customer's purchase.
  2. An extra or unexpected gift or benefit. Also called boot.

lagniappe; lagnappe [lan-YAP; LAN-yap] Used primarily in southern Louisiana and southeast Texas, the word lagniappe refers to an "unexpected something extra." It could be an additional doughnut (as in "baker's dozen"), a free "one for the road" drink, an unanticipated tip for someone who provides a special service or possibly a complimentary dessert for a regular customer.

Must check if my wife is up for a "lagniappe" tonight............................... :huh:

Seriously, living on the other side of "the pond" I would probably expect a "wee pressie".......(gift). :)

Cheers.

It's actually more the 13th bread roll in a baker's dozen Brian than a present.

A bit like a country pub I was in one time where the landlord with a very shaky hand measured out the half of whiskey into a pewter measure, emptied it in the glass and then tilted the bottle and put one DROP extra. Asked why he said

"That's to allow for what stuck to the side of the measure" :)

It's actually more the 13th bread roll in a baker's dozen Brian than a present.

A bit like a country pub I was in one time where the landlord with a very shaky hand measured out the half of whiskey into a pewter measure, emptied it in the glass and then tilted the bottle and put one DROP extra. Asked why he said

"That's to allow for what stuck to the side of the measure" :)

ROFL!!! :D:huh::D

That was very generous of the landlord.

Down here (New Orleans) we have a small newspaper, coffee shops, restaurants, used car dealers and almost anything else named Lagniappe. And Jess is right on...it's that little something extra.

They don't give an lagniappe in the bars unless you pay extra for it. :)

Archived