• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

can't make disk image

Terence

Question

I just got Toast 8 so that I can combine multiple DVD videos that I've made (using iDVD) onto a single disc. I dragged two videos onto the DVD video content area, renamed them, set up a menu, and tried to save a disc image. It goes through the entire multiplexing process, acts like it has finished (including returning to the main content window), and then reports a 'result code -39' error and the disc image file disappears from the desktop. Anybody know what's going wrong? Thanks.

-Terence

2 answers to this question

This looks like a bug. I tried to copy the movie from five different iDVD movies (each from a mounted disc image, dragged from the Media Browser to the DVD Video window). One out of the five worked, whereas the other four all gave the same Result Code -39 error after Multiplexing but before "burning" the disc image. I've informed support of the problem.

-Terence

Did you use the Media Browser to drag the videos from the DVDs to the Video window?

The issue may be related to iDVD using PCM audio and could be a bug in Toast 8. If you use only one title from an iDVD disc and choose Save as Disc Image do you get the same error?

Archived