• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture Audio

KJBH

Question

I was able to capture video from my camcorder into the video capture option in Roxio. While it was capturing you could hear the sound perfectly. When I tried to re-play the captured video, there is no sound. All sound systems are working on the computer. In the user manual it mentions that if you do not have a video/audio card it will show a symbol, no symbol showed and I do have a video/audio card. Can anyone tell me what might need to be done differently?

I used a USB cable to connect the camcorder to the computer.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

It has the firewire capability but did not come with the cable itself. The interesting thing is I've used a previous version of Roxio before to transfer camcorder movies to my computer and it worked fine, in fact when I go into my Roxio library of files that have been transfered I can click on them and they play with sound, so I'm not completely convinced that it's the USB cable as of yet since I've used it before. What are your thoughts? Also, I was able to capture it via Windows Movie Maker (which I hate to use) and it worked fine, so I'm thinking it might have to do with some of the settings on Roxio????

This is from the Help System for the Capture program:

To capture video from a DV camera, you must connect the camera to the computer using a FireWire cable and set the camera to Video mode. Your computer system requires a FireWire connection port to support a DV camera connection.

When set to Memory mode and connected to the computer using a USB cable, certain DV cameras are detected as Removable Media devices. When connected using a USB cable, you can capture photo images stored in the DV camera’s digital memory, but you cannot access saved or live video footage.

I

I used a USB cable to connect the camcorder to the computer.

Thanks!

That USB cable is the problem. EMC looks for a webcam on that connection.

Does your camcorder and computer have an IEEE1394 (firewire/ilink) connection?

It has the firewire capability but did not come with the cable itself. The interesting thing is I've used a previous version of Roxio before to transfer camcorder movies to my computer and it worked fine, in fact when I go into my Roxio library of files that have been transfered I can click on them and they play with sound, so I'm not completely convinced that it's the USB cable as of yet since I've used it before. What are your thoughts? Also, I was able to capture it via Windows Movie Maker (which I hate to use) and it worked fine, so I'm thinking it might have to do with some of the settings on Roxio????

That USB cable is the problem. EMC looks for a webcam on that connection.

Does your camcorder and computer have an IEEE1394 (firewire/ilink) connection?

It has the firewire capability but did not come with the cable itself.

If you've got an IEEE 1394 port on that computer as well as on the camcorder, buy the IEEE 1394 cable. If it's a Sony camcorder, buy the Sony cable. (... and I don't own stock in Sony. Their cable just works better with their camcorder.)

You're going to get the best capture with the firewire.

If you want to use the USB cable, you're going to have to use another program to capture.

Archived