• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

After install of Toast 8, DVD games not working

Macdesign13

Question

After I installed Toast 8, my son's LEGO Star Wars game no longer works. The DVD mounts but when you go to start the game it asks for the DVD to be inserted. Very weird since the DVD spins up and is mounted. I am going to un-install Toast 8 and see if that fixes the problem. I'd rather not because it works very well, but a patch or update would be nice. Is there anyone else with this problem?

6 answers to this question

After I installed Toast 8, my son's LEGO Star Wars game no longer works. The DVD mounts but when you go to start the game it asks for the DVD to be inserted. Very weird since the DVD spins up and is mounted. I am going to un-install Toast 8 and see if that fixes the problem. I'd rather not because it works very well, but a patch or update would be nice. Is there anyone else with this problem?

I'd start with going to the Toast preferences and uncheck Install Toast It and Mount It. Reboot afterwards.

I'd start with going to the Toast preferences and uncheck Install Toast It and Mount It. Reboot afterwards.

Thanks,

I tried that and still nothing. I totally un-installed Toast (per instructions from the Roxio help Center) and ran Cocktail, restarted and still nothing. I'm about an hour away from re-installing OS 10.4 which would be annoying. It plays DVD's on the cpmouter, the DVD mounts, I can re-install the software part but when I go to play, it asks to insert the LEGO Star Wars DVD... I'm stumped.

I tried installing Toast 7.1.2 to see if that would help because that was what was on the computer before I did the upgrade to 8, but nothing.

There are no such files in the Extensions folder. Is this an invisible file?

I ended up re-installing the system... OS X 10.4

Pretty much was the only thing that worked. I tweaked every setting and pulled out anything Roxio or Toast related. After a few days of this I just was done.

I am having same issue. Did you or anyone figure it out?

Thanks,

I tried that and still nothing. I totally un-installed Toast (per instructions from the Roxio help Center) and ran Cocktail, restarted and still nothing. I'm about an hour away from re-installing OS 10.4 which would be annoying. It plays DVD's on the cpmouter, the DVD mounts, I can re-install the software part but when I go to play, it asks to insert the LEGO Star Wars DVD... I'm stumped.

I tried installing Toast 7.1.2 to see if that would help because that was what was on the computer before I did the upgrade to 8, but nothing.

<_<

Archived