Sign in to follow this  
valspach

Tivo Mydvd

Question

I purchased a TiVo unit because it could be used on a network and EMC 8 was certified to create DVDs. Using EMC 8, I have been very frustrated creating DVDs. 75% of the time, when I 'Add a Movie' my PC stops processing and I receive a 'Not responding' in the task manager. Today, the auto update downloaded 8.0.5 and now I cannot create any DVDs with the same result.

System: HP Pavilion, 2.5ghz, 256 mb memory, Celeron, 80 gig drive, TiVoToGo 2.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Vance

2 answers to this question

I purchased a TiVo unit because it could be used on a network and EMC 8 was certified to create DVDs. Using EMC 8, I have been very frustrated creating DVDs. 75% of the time, when I 'Add a Movie' my PC stops processing and I receive a 'Not responding' in the task manager. Today, the auto update downloaded 8.0.5 and now I cannot create any DVDs with the same result.

System: HP Pavilion, 2.5ghz, 256 mb memory, Celeron, 80 gig drive, TiVoToGo 2.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Vance

See this My Webpage

See this My Webpage

:)

I too bought EMC 8 over MyDVD originally because the sales person told me it will do everything that MyDVD would do and a lot more. It does except the sole purpose I bought it for was to create DVD's from my Tivo files.... I thnk we all know at this point that clearly, EMC8 is way too buggy to do that.

The reason for my smile icon is because when i called Customer Service at Roxio, they immediatley gave me a refund. I then took that credit and bought MyDVD and it works great an I am now a happy camper!