• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Partial DVD Burn

SMoyer

Question

When burning a project to DVD, everything appears fine until I view the finished DVD. I get MY MENU, play the DVD and only get 1 or 2 frames before the MY MENU screen comes back up. Anyone able to help with this. Since I made it past the "bad CD Key" problem and the "MPEG-2" problem I gotta believe there are no more issues left for me to face with the program (hopefully). THANKS!

15 answers to this question

In MyDVD, try Software rendering, instead of Hardware rendering. Click on Tools, then click on Software.

While you are there, click on the Clear button below Proxy files.

Thanks again for all your help. It now appears that I have a video card compatibility issue that is not going to allow 9.0 to work. I have gone back to 7.5 on my laptop, keeping 9.0 on my PC and deal with it that way until I upgrade my Dell laptop or the video card on it. Thanks again for taking time to help.

No problem - I've the same thing with my laptop - I can run 9 on the PC but there's no way I can run 9 on the S3 chipset in the laptop - I use 7 on that (and don't do any video work on it anyway)

Apart from that - the EULA does say one installation per copy - so I ain't breaking any rules in installing it twice :)

Are you trying to wrote directly to the DVD as it's rendered or are you making an image file to the hard drive?

It's generally better to make the image - just make sure everything is shut down (IMs, background apps, etc) and go watch TV - it can take some time for the render to finish

Once you have the image, then make the DVD from that - advantage is if it's a bit oversized, it will shrink to fit with disc copier

When burning a project to DVD, everything appears fine until I view the finished DVD. I get MY MENU, play the DVD and only get 1 or 2 frames before the MY MENU screen comes back up. Anyone able to help with this. Since I made it past the "bad CD Key" problem and the "MPEG-2" problem I gotta believe there are no more issues left for me to face with the program (hopefully). THANKS!

You haven't providing anything that would have us help you. List the steps you used to create your production, including what type of files, and what program in the suite you used.

You haven't providing anything that would have us help you. List the steps you used to create your production, including what type of files, and what program in the suite you used.

Sorry, let me know what else I can offer beyond the following. I am creating the project in Video Wave 9. I am including video tape clips that I imported through Roxio, .jpg picture files and .mp3 music files. In VideoWave I click the DVD (burn) button above the preview pane. That launches My DVD express. I choose standard play format and DVD disk format and press "create disc". That launches Burn Project, I save an image file and burn the DVD. Burn takes about 4-5 minutes (only have 27 panes in the original project, so it's not large) and appears to be ok. Then I play the DVD and I think you know the rest.

Are you trying to wrote directly to the DVD as it's rendered or are you making an image file to the hard drive?

It's generally better to make the image - just make sure everything is shut down (IMs, background apps, etc) and go watch TV - it can take some time for the render to finish

Once you have the image, then make the DVD from that - advantage is if it's a bit oversized, it will shrink to fit with disc copier

I will try that now, I saved an image file for this project and will let you know if that works. Thanks!

Sorry, let me know what else I can offer beyond the following. I am creating the project in Video Wave 9. I am including video tape clips that I imported through Roxio, .jpg picture files and .mp3 music files. In VideoWave I click the DVD (burn) button above the preview pane. That launches My DVD express. I choose standard play format and DVD disk format and press "create disc". That launches Burn Project, I save an image file and burn the DVD. Burn takes about 4-5 minutes (only have 27 panes in the original project, so it's not large) and appears to be ok. Then I play the DVD and I think you know the rest.

I will try that now, I saved an image file for this project and will let you know if that works. Thanks!

First, you should be choosing High Quality (HQ) when you burn. Did you preview the project in VideoWave to see if the entire production played ok?

I tried the image file, and same result. I am using DVD+R discs if that is an issue. Thanks,

First, you should be choosing High Quality (HQ) when you burn. Did you preview the project in VideoWave to see if the entire production played ok?

I tried HQ as well, no difference. Unlike previous versions of Easy Media creator, when MyDVD opens I don't see the option to preview. Nor do I see that option in the Burn Project portion of the burn. When I preview the project in VideoWave, everything is fine from start to finish. Thanks,

I tried the image file, and same result. I am using DVD+R discs if that is an issue. Thanks,

I tried HQ as well, no difference. Unlike previous versions of Easy Media creator, when MyDVD opens I don't see the option to preview. Nor do I see that option in the Burn Project portion of the burn. When I preview the project in VideoWave, everything is fine from start to finish. Thanks,

In Disc Copier, you can preview the .ISO file before you burn it. See the attached image. You won't see your menu, but if it doesn't preview ok, you don't burn it to a DVD.

post-81-1171250781.jpg

In Disc Copier, you can preview the .ISO file before you burn it. See the attached image. You won't see your menu, but if it doesn't preview ok, you don't burn it to a DVD.

Now we're getting some where. The preview is short as well, stops at the same point as the finished DVD. However the project can be viewed complete in VideoWave 9 where I created the project.

Now we're getting some where. The preview is short as well, stops at the same point as the finished DVD. However the project can be viewed complete in VideoWave 9 where I created the project.

Then there is a bad file in your production. I would start at the point where the .ISO preview stops, and pull that picture or video, and try again.

It will be a trial and error situation, but you may get lucky the first time.

Then there is a bad file in your production. I would start at the point where the .ISO preview stops, and pull that picture or video, and try again.

OK, thanks. Is it a problem if I am working with files from both a separate external hard drive and my C: drive?

One more question. If I have a bad file (it is a .jpg file where the production stops) why wouldn't I also have a problem viewing the preview in VideoWave where I created the production?

OK, thanks. Is it a problem if I am working with files from both a separate external hard drive and my C: drive?

One more question. If I have a bad file (it is a .jpg file where the production stops) why wouldn't I also have a problem viewing the preview in VideoWave where I created the production?

I am not sure why it wouldn't. My only guess is the preview is more forgiving than the actual encoding process. It's all magic, anyway. :)

One other thing that is odd. I have an older production that I had no trouble burning in 8.0, but now it also stops a couple seconds into the production (on a burned DVD) when I burn in 9.0. I had a LOT of trouble installing 9.0, have re-installed several times and this is the first install I have been able to at least create a production. I really don't want to go through the Windows Install clean-up routine again if I don't have to.

I created 3 more productions only using one (different) picture on each, and they all did the same thing regardless is I saved as an .img file or burned directly to disk. Looks like it's back on hold with tech dept. for extended periods of time tomorrow, unless someone has faced and solved this problem.

I created 3 more productions only using one (different) picture on each, and they all did the same thing regardless is I saved as an .img file or burned directly to disk. Looks like it's back on hold with tech dept. for extended periods of time tomorrow, unless someone has faced and solved this problem.

In MyDVD, try Software rendering, instead of Hardware rendering. Click on Tools, then click on Software.

While you are there, click on the Clear button below Proxy files.

Archived