orchardkeeper

Easy Media Creator and Media Player 11 Conflict

Question

For those who have had the problem with trying to burn a CD in Windows Media Player 11 and the burning software will not recognize the new disc you insert, go into your Windows Startup panel and disable "Roxio Drag-to-Disc" by unchecking the check box next to "Roxio Drag-to-Disc". Exit and reboot your computer and "Drag-to-Disc" will be disabled and you should be able to burn discs in Media Player 11. For an easy way to edit your "Startup Menu" go to http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml and download his free "Startup Control Panel" and install it on your desktop. With 1 click, you can see ALL of the programs that start running when you boot your system. It's the simplest way to edit your "Startup Menu". Hope this helps out!!

8 answers to this question

I have found that even with drag to disc not loading on startup, for WMP 11 to recognise tha there is a blank CD in the drive I have to right click on my burner drive icon in Windows Explorer or My computer and click 'disable drag to disc for this drive'.

The option becomes 'enable drag to disc for this drive', so is reversible. Also drag to disc rehijacks the drive on restart.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld

The original version 9 has been having some problems with both IE7 and WMP11.Both of these are integral parts of Vista.The original V9 was not Vista compatible.There is supposedly going to be a patch that will make it so.Hopefully once this patch comes out then the problems will go away.

Thanks for the tip on what helped you solve the problem and hopefully it will help others.

I really dont no why you would ever use drag-2-disc when these multi-session disc's really only work in drag-2-disc (not compatable with INCD). With media and storage is so inexpensive today and more so in the future there are much better things we can do besides getting locked into specfic software. Since we do not have the option of installing drag-2-disc I uninstall. WMP-11 can see everything on any drive and it can tell when DRM is appropriate but Microsoft has opted to Not have CD-Text and read (TOC) Table of Contents available at all.

If you can find the stuff for WMP-11 and keep looking, you can see it all for your self. I have tried to have a dialog on this issue but for some reason I have fallen on deaf ears. There saying that WMP has never been able to list personal rip contents (TOC). Perhaps I have been doing this for too long but I can remember inserting a disk, WMP populating, and the name and artist would ticker-tape on my screen. However, all that you get now with WMP-11 is Tracknn and Unknown Artist on the Play List on the right and your choice of visual on the left.

In closing, if you are the type of person that would not make these multi session disks that drag-2-disc is noted for, make it easy for yah and uninstall it. (KISS)

Whisky,

I have just tested with WMP 11. Provided that you have it set to retrieve information from the internet and the audio CD is in the databases WMP queries, it will show the CD info. However if you have a custom audio CD or one which is not in the data bases, WMP does not read text from the CD, never has.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld

For those who have had the problem with trying to burn a CD in Windows Media Player 11 and the burning software will not recognize the new disc you insert, go into your Windows Startup panel and disable "Roxio Drag-to-Disc" by unchecking the check box next to "Roxio Drag-to-Disc". Exit and reboot your computer and "Drag-to-Disc" will be disabled and you should be able to burn discs in Media Player 11. For an easy way to edit your "Startup Menu" go to http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml and download his free "Startup Control Panel" and install it on your desktop. With 1 click, you can see ALL of the programs that start running when you boot your system. It's the simplest way to edit your "Startup Menu". Hope this helps out!!

In order for me to burn CD's in either Easy Creator Suite 9 or Windows Media Player 11, I had to completely remove "Roxio Drag-to-Disc" program from the system. I did all you prescribed steps mention in the above post but drag-to-disc gave me the same problems. I would get UDF2.00 file system and it would use up 75,000mb of space on the new CD. Deleting the software was the only solution I could do, that worked. :rolleyes:

Edited by KMisenor

Did you try what I posted above: disable drag to disc for the drive?

I'd like to know if that did not work for you as it does for me, and I have been posting as a fix on other forums.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld

Did you try what I posted above: disable drag to disc for the drive?

I'd like to know if that did not work for you as it does for me, and I have been posting as a fix on other forums.

I followed the instructions in the above post, but nothing worked until I completely removed Drag-to-Disc. Disabling Drag-to-Disc still give me the UFD2 error. I had so much trouble that I even purchases a new CD/DVD drive, thinking it maybe a problem with Sony drives. This did not correct the problem. I was advised by Roxio to remove Drag-to-disc in order to get rid UFD2 technology. Because each time I rebooted, Roxio kept grabbing the drive, so even with Drag-to-disc disenabled remnants on the program remain.

Edited by KMisenor

Go into program files and create a desktop icon so you can re-load Drag-To-Disk later. Then you can right click on the drag-to-disk icon and disable drag to disk for this drive, right click on the drag-to-disk icon again and exit drag-to-disk. Widows Media Player 9 will now recognize the blank disk in the drive and allow you to burn to it. When you are done burning with Media Player 11, click on the Drag-To-Disk desktop icon to reload it. After drag-to-disk loads, right click on the icon and re-enable drag to disk for this drive. Using this procedure drag to disk is loaded on startup and you can do everything you need to do from the desktop