Dazzle DVC90 Vista drivers

StillUsingRoxio

Question

I purchased Roxio Creator 9 Deluxe Suite on Feb 3rd and have received my Dazzle DVC90 shipment. No driver or software disk came with the Dazzle and I am unable to locate drivers for it. I am running Windows Vista 64 bit Business edition.

Looking at the Pinnacle site, it looks like the drivers may not be available until March?

Why sell a product that it Vista Ready (the sole reason I purchased EMC for the 4th time) and bundle it with a product that is not? How will Roxio post the drivers and alert customers?

Does anyone know when/how they will post the drivers? Any insight is appreciated.

17 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem, I don't have any Roxio products, but I bought Dazzle DVD Recorder which comes with the DVC90 device, and it doesn't want to install at all, all because of me having Vista, I just hope Dazzle at least releases this stuff soon.

Here is a link to posted Dazzel drivers, these do all O/S, and all Models of DV and DVC units .

use the winxp driver in your vista install of the unit, then when it says this driver is not cerified for vista , just say continue.. i did and it works well.

Here is a link to posted Dazzle drivers

http://rapidshare.com/files/16249948/PCLEUSB.exe.html

these do all O/S, and all Models of DV and DVC units .

use the winxp driver in your vista install of the unit, then when it says this driver is not certified for vista , just say continue.. i did and it works well.

post-293-1171350713.jpg

Here is a link to posted Dazzel drivers, these do all O/S, and all Models of DV and DVC units .

use the winxp driver in your vista install of the unit, then when it says this driver is not cerified for vista , just say continue.. i did and it works well.

Here is a link to posted Dazzle drivers

http://rapidshare.com/files/16249948/PCLEUSB.exe.html

these do all O/S, and all Models of DV and DVC units .

use the winxp driver in your vista install of the unit, then when it says this driver is not certified for vista , just say continue.. i did and it works well.

post-293-1171350713.jpg

I too tried to download the previous Pinnacle drivers from their website - but there was a clear warning not to use the file you referenced, but to use a separate file (PCLEUSB2.EXE listed right below that download link) specifically designed for the Dazzle DVC90. When I attempted to install it there was no "certification" warning.... but the install aborted with an error message about an unrecognized operating system - there might have been a check for appropriate OS built into their routine.

Since that file fails to install under 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium, I tried adding the emAudio.sys driver to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers folder and then running DVC90.EXE (as suggested by CS and elewhere on the Forum,) but its apparently not workable in Vista either.

Is your Vista machine running the Dazzle capture correctly with the Driver file you noted above? The question is should I try it or just standby/wait for Pinnacle to issue a Vista driver?

Well, I finally gave up (for now) on Windows Vista 64 bit. My hard drive (500GB SATA Maxtor) suffered a hard crash and has been sent to Maxtor (now Seagate) for warranty replacement. Since I had to reinstall, I downgraded to Vista 32 bit, which has been a little less of a challenge.

The driver at http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000137CR for the DVC 90 seems to work fine so far.

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Going by what happened with v8 and the bundled Dazzle - the drivers are built into the software.

Whether or not they will be available on the 64 bit version of Vista I can't really say, but I have heard that there is, in general, a problem there as there was for XP 64 bit - general shortage of drivers for just about everything including printers (I had to wait 2 months before I could print in XP 64)

I couldn't get the Dazzle to run correctly under Vista.When I upgraded from XP (where it works) to Vista and used the drivers I got picture but no sound.When I did a clean install,same thing.It's one of the main reasons I went back to my XP installation.

Thank you both for the feedback. And thank you to Highlander for the link. It appears though, that my 64 bit OS is my stumbling block for now.

I tried the file from Highlander, but got "ERR_UNKNOWN_OS" errors. So I uninstalled and Reinstalled EMC9 - this time, it obviously did try to install the driver. Windows gave me a message during the install that "Windows requires a digitally signed driver."

I knew this (drivers in general) would be a hurdle when i chose to install x64, so I'm partly to blame. I'll just wait patiently for Pinnacle to post the new drivers in March.

Archived