• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Region names incorrect in Jam 6.0.3

John Link

Question

When I use the Add Track function in Jam 6.0.3 to import a file that has regions Jam incorrectly assigns the region names (Jam 5 assigns the names correctly). When might this bug that I reported a few years ago be fixed?

It would also be convenient if there were an option to import the regions in chronological, rather than alphabetical, order.

John Link

2 answers to this question

John,

I am having the same problem with the names being wrong. Usually I only run into this when I make regions from a concert and then want to burn those to separate tracks in Jam. It seems to me this problem was solved in 6.0.1, but then I guess crept back in. A few years ago I noticed it when using 6.0, then when 6.0.1 came out I think it was fixed. However, I no longer have 6.0.1 and the problem exists in 6.0.2 also, because I checked. For what it's worth, I get the problems from regions named in Peak, and it persists even if you try to use a Jam image file created in Peak. It's also odd, because it did not happen with a concert I recorded only a few months ago and burned using Jam 6.0.3. I wonder if it's a function of how many regions, because the concert that worked was in two files, neither of which had more than 12 regions, and the one that just gave me problems is one file with 19 regions. I also suspect it may have something to do with the order that the regions are created/defined. Just speculation, but it would be great to try 6.01. and see if it actually goes away.

Kinny Landrum

Archived