• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MUSIC TO MY EARS

KAZ

Question

Hello kind people :) If you are adding music to a production via a cd, am i right when the production is saved the cd where the music came from is also saved? The reason why i ask is that when i tried saving thios as an iso, i had an message saying missing audio, so i just inserted the music cd in again and it was saving?? Please advise Friends :huh:

6 answers to this question

Hello kind people :) If you are adding music to a production via a cd, am i right when the production is saved the cd where the music came from is also saved? The reason why i ask is that when i tried saving thios as an iso, i had an message saying missing audio, so i just inserted the music cd in again and it was saving?? Please advise Friends :huh:

Basically, that's all that is saved, the location of the audio file(s). That applies to all parts of a production (or project). All that is saved is information about what you want to do, and where all of the source material is located. Audio, video, overlays, etc.... Nothing is done with/to the files you are adding to your project. If you move, rename, or add removable disc content (like the audio in this case), your project will not be able to be output until you resolve the "missing" content, like putting that audio disc back in the drive.

You would be better off ripping the audio you wanted to use from the disc to a file on your hard drive and use that file. That way you don;t need the disc to be in the drive.

Basically, that's all that is saved, the location of the audio file(s). That applies to all parts of a production (or project). All that is saved is information about what you want to do, and where all of the source material is located. Audio, video, overlays, etc.... Nothing is done with/to the files you are adding to your project. If you move, rename, or add removable disc content (like the audio in this case), your project will not be able to be output until you resolve the "missing" content, like putting that audio disc back in the drive.

You would be better off ripping the audio you wanted to use from the disc to a file on your hard drive and use that file. That way you don;t need the disc to be in the drive.

Thats all very fine but if i rip the audio onto the hardrive, the production is ready to be saved as an iso so would it automatically see the audio itself????

Thats all very fine but if i rip the audio onto the hardrive, the production is ready to be saved as an iso so would it automatically see the audio itself????
You would rip it to your HD before adding it to your project. Then add the file on the HD to your project. When you output to an image (.iso) file, you no longer need the source file(s) as the image file has everything needed to burn to a disc.

You would rip it to your HD before adding it to your project. Then add the file on the HD to your project. When you output to an image (.iso) file, you no longer need the source file(s) as the image file has everything needed to burn to a disc.

Thanks for the advise, as i have saved the production as it is, ready to be saved as an iso, is it still possible to save this with cd audio still inserted in the drive? I dont want to start all over again. :)

For the production you currently have, yes you'll have to have the cd in the drive any time you have the production open and are working on it. This includes while you output it to an image (.iso) file.

Use the other suggestions for future projects.

For the production you currently have, yes you'll have to have the cd in the drive any time you have the production open and are working on it. This includes while you output it to an image (.iso) file.

Use the other suggestions for future projects.

Thanks for the advise i will do.

Archived