• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sonic 7 incompatible with McAfee

michael_e

Question

I used to have Norton Symantic ( :) ) and ditched it for McAfee. However, after installing it I noticed I couldn't log out mauch of the time and had to press the power buttoin to "get out". McAfee told me that the DLA file(s) in Sonic RecordNow were causing the problem. So I uninstalled All things Sonic - problem solved. I'd like to return to using Sonic products, but can't while their incompatible with McAfee.

3 answers to this question

You gave the answer yourself "...McAfee told me that the DLA file(s) in Sonic RecordNow were causing the problem..."

Ergo, McAfee has a problem with it

Did you follow standard advice and shut down AV while installing (every single program I can think of tells you to close down ALL open apps first)

There have been other posts on the McAfee problem in other areas of the board. It seems to be squarely a problem with McAfee as it's not being reported in any other AV suite (well a couple of false positives from AVG are all I've seen reported).

You could try the free AVG one and drop McAfee

I'm not sure that I would find dropping a supported product like McAfee just to get RecordNow to work to be acceptable.

I also see the problem with RecordNow, although I am able to abort RecordNow.exe which does then allow me to log out.

The problem appears to be that RecordNow will not exit properly. Even though the application is no longer listed when I exit the program, the process continues to exist. This also means that I cannot run RecordNow a second time, until that process is terminated.

Any clues on resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Archived