• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Re: Music Disc Creator And Dvd Screensaver

dboyle7@tampabay.rr.com

Question

When I play an mp3 dvd on the Sony Model DVP-NS50P/S Dvd player the screen saver activates correctly. When I play a "DVD music disc" made with EMC 8 it does not. I am concerned about screen burn-in (persistant image). Does anyone know a work around ?

I know that Time Warner cable Music choice interactive television has used screen savers in the past and recently encorporated a grapical rotation plan :

http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerSer...etID=0&CatID=20

because of screen burn-in concerns.

6 answers to this question

So here is my predicament. My father in-law is house bound due to health reasons. When I heard about this new DVD music disc feature in EMC8 I figured I would get it so I could transfer his music to DVD. He could navigate thru the menus on his tv via his dvd player as his cd player only has support for one disc and limited remote control. The advertising for DVD music disc said 50 hours of music on one DVD. So I thought EMC8 is just what I need. However his dvd player has no screen saver. I don't want him to burn up his big screen tv if he falls asleep with a music dvd running. So I have to start over from scratch.Any idea on how to incorporate a screensaver directly into the Dvd music disc?

My guess would be that when you're playing an mp3 disc you are playing a music disc with no video so after a time the screensaver kicks in.When you're playing a DVD Music Disc it has video on it (the menus,backgrounds,etc.).So as long as the player is seeing video to play it doesn't let the screensaver kick in.Maybe?

Whatever it is,it's a function of the dvd player so there could be a setting somewhere in one of the menus on it.Maybe try and check and see.

This company makes screensavers for tvs so there has to be a way to incorporate a screensaver into DVD music disc. http://screendreamsdvd.com/hints.asp

Screen Dreams DVDs have been independently tested on 100 of the top DVD players in the market today and work on all TV’s and 99% of these DVD players.

Dolby Digital Audio, Designed to Reduce the Possibility of Screen Burn Vivid Picture Resolution Audio Selection:

Screen Dreams DVDs give you the option of playing a Scenescape with a soothing music soundtrack, natural sound effects, both, or neither.

When I play an mp3 dvd on the Sony Model DVP-NS50P/S Dvd player the screen saver activates correctly. When I play a "DVD music disc" made with EMC 8 it does not. I am concerned about screen burn-in (persistant image). Does anyone know a work around ?

It is going to take some time to do it but you can add a different "style" for each piece of music (as well as the icon for each). Since the navigation arrows are different depending on the style, they will not burn in. The other information like tack name, number, etc change with the music so this would minimize the possibility of those burning in. Click on the piece of music than click style and select one repeat as needed.

If you simply put a black panel image as the background, the navigation arrows would not change so there may be a risk there.

Try it on an RW to see if this gives you what you want. Since there are about a dozen styles you can change them as needed. Not pretty but probably effective.

Please post back with your results; I bet a lot of people would like to see the images change listening to music. I'll explore more and post back if I find anything else. If you find something, please post what works for you. :)

My guess would be that when you're playing an mp3 disc you are playing a music disc with no video so after a time the screensaver kicks in.When you're playing a DVD Music Disc it has video on it (the menus,backgrounds,etc.).So as long as the player is seeing video to play it doesn't let the screensaver kick in.Maybe?

Whatever it is,it's a function of the dvd player so there could be a setting somewhere in one of the menus on it.Maybe try and check and see.

Archived