Audio Capture

Bacon

Question

I am trying to use audio capture and I would like to use the following feature...

Track Detection

Automatically add a new track separator on each pause: Select this check box if you want to add a new track separator each time you click the Pause button.

Enable Track detection: Select this check box if you want to add a track separator each time a silence is encountered.

Silence gaps must be at least: Select the minimal length of the silence that you want to qualify as a gap between tracks.

Silence gaps may contain noise: Select this check box if you want to allow noise in silence gaps.

However Track detection is not apparently available to use or I do not know how to get to it.

Any suggestions???

5 answers to this question

I just opened up my Retail version of 7.5 (updated) and checked to see what options were available under Audio Capture. My 7.5 is on an HP notebook computer that has an on board chip set for the audio as opposed to a dedicated sound card. As you can see by the attachment, There was no options for Track Detection, although under the help files it shows a separate text paragraph for that option. Possible that my options are not available do to the on board chip set for sound---MAYBE ??

Frank...

Gateway DX420B

Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 (Update Rollup 2) w/ XP Media Center Backup CD 1

Intel® Core™2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz 1066MHz FSB 2MB cache, non-HT) 1

1024MB PC5300 dual-channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (2-512MB modules) ........[ +US$79.00] 1

NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300LE Video Card with 256MB TurboCache™ (64MB discrete DDR3 Memory) and DVI, VGA, & TV-Out 1

Integrated Intel® 7.1 high-definition audio 1

Microsoft® Works 8.5 1

160GB 7200rpm Serial ATA II hard drive w/ 8MB cache 1

48x/32x/48x CD-RW/DVD combo drive 1

9-in-1 media card reader 1

Desktop Value Service Plan -- 1 year parts/labor/no on-site/1 year technical support 1

Monitor not selected 1

Not Selected 1

Gateway Elite Multimedia Keyboard and Soft-touch USB optical wheel mouse 1

No Parallel or Serial Port Selected 1

No Security Subscription Selected 1

Intel® P965 Chipset with DDR2 and Intel® Core™ Duo support 1

Gateway 6-bay micro-BTX case 1

Integrated Serial ATA controller 1

(2) PCI expansion slots (1 slot available), (1) PCI-E x4 expansion slot (available). (1) PCI-E x16 expansion slot 1

(8) USB 2.0 (2 front, 6 rear), (2) IEEE 1394 firewire (1 front, 1 rear), audio ports and (2) PS/2 1

Energy Star® compliant 1

56K PCI data/fax modem 1

Integrated Realtek® 10/100 twisted pair Ethernet 1

Six months America Online® Internet access 1

Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0 and Google Toolbar

Archived