Replacement Copy

Rachel

I've lost my original installation disc for Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 which I originally purchased at a retail store. I need to install it on my new computer. It was a registered copy, so I called Roxio, only to be told that since it was discontinued, I could not purchase a replacement CD. Any suggestions or am I out of luck?

You can probably pick up a copy on eBay or similar.

However, if you have WinXP, it's not that much more to pick up EMC 7, and a bit more will get EMC 7.5 if you'd like the Sonic programs added when Sonic bought Roxio's name & software (the former Roxio is now Napster).

If you bought Vista, I'd suggest you should be upgrading to EMC 9 - after they do the updates.

If it's a question of data or music CDSs, WinXP can do that - and Vista can even do data DVDs.

Lynn

There's also the now infamous 'red box' set which is available at Walmart and so on - it's a re-issue of ECD6 (but not Vista compatible)

Actually, I think there is a 'red box' that is Vista ready.

Basically, read the box to make certain that it's compatable with your new computer.

What we haven't said is that Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11 both 'break' the Roxio products before Version 9 that are not Vista ready. Your new computer probably has IE 7 and WMP 11.

There's also the now infamous 'red box' set which is available at Walmart and so on - it's a re-issue of ECD6 (but not Vista compatible)

But double-check that red box before you buy it. They didn't tell us the red box was coming, so they may not say anything if they make it Vista compatable. :)

Lynn

Archived