capture stops after one minute

Paulin

Question

10 answers to this question

I have no trouvle capturing with Nero, Easy Creator 6, even Windows moviemaker yet Creator 9 will not capture for more than one minute (exactly). I tried to set capture time, and capture entire film...

Not a Vista problem - still using xp.

You failed to mention how you were capturing, but the only problem that has been posted here, is the 1 minute +/- time limit when capturing analog video, via pass through, using an analog source and a video camcorder.

It is a known bug, and has been reported to Roxio.

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! I just bought what I felt was the newest Creator 9 suite to replace the nasty ver 7.... and first thing out of the box I was slapped with the one minute capture limitation. I came in to read the forums and see that this is a pretty old problem with no fix in site for the near future. What a rip once again. Guess Vegas studio is still going to be my default for a while. Geeez :angry2:

I have no trouvle capturing with Nero, Easy Creator 6, even Windows moviemaker yet Creator 9 will not capture for more than one minute (exactly). I tried to set capture time, and capture entire film...

Not a Vista problem - still using xp.

Thank you - now what? Does Roxio notify when the bug has been fixed? To help clarify - I am trying to capture using the Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge device that grabs the analog from VCR and converts it to digital for firewire.

I am using the media import and have chosen the AVC compliant DV device to capture. I can view perfectly in the window - and listen as well, but the capture is limited to one minute before automatically shutting off.

Thanks again

Thank you - now what? Does Roxio notify when the bug has been fixed? To help clarify - I am trying to capture using the Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge device that grabs the analog from VCR and converts it to digital for firewire.

I am using the media import and have chosen the AVC compliant DV device to capture. I can view perfectly in the window - and listen as well, but the capture is limited to one minute before automatically shutting off.

Thanks again

Hopefully, Roxio will include the fix in the patch that will come out when they get it done.

Hello everyone,

I am/was very close to buying the EMC-9 Suite since the Dazzle 'appears' to be touted as giving me the ability to convert my old 8mm to Digital. However the 1 minute limitation is a show-stopper. Does anyone have an update as to whether or not Roxio is looking to fix this?

Thanks for the info!

Paulin, I'm using the Dazzle hollywood bridge and came across the same problem. Make sure you select 'A to D' (analog to digital) with the small button on top of the bridge. You may need to have a signal going through at the time. Sometimes it will default to 'pass through.' If that doesn't fix it try a new firewire between the bridge and your PC. A new firewire resolved the problem for me.

The Dazzle device that comes with the Deluxe suite is totally different from the one the other posters are using.What you get with the Deluxe suite is the DVC90.It connects with a USB cable and not firewire.I use mine to capture TV and old VHS tapes and it works just fine.

The Dazzle device that comes with the Deluxe suite is totally different from the one the other posters are using.What you get with the Deluxe suite is the DVC90.It connects with a USB cable and not firewire.I use mine to capture TV and old VHS tapes and it works just fine.

Thanks for the 'save'.... Roxio owes you a sale. Can anybody correlate minutes of VHS to MB/GB?

Archived