• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New at this having problems

New Guy

Question

Hey everyone, I finished my afternoon by talking with four people at customer service (3 hours) and I still got nowhere.

Here's my problem and what I have done.

I made a movie in VideoWave 9 and went to press the button "Burn with myDVD express." A warning sign came up and said "The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application: MPEG-2 Click OK to activate, or Cancel to abort."

So I pressed "OK" and then an error message came up saying "No permission-Bad installation"

I called the tech support and they e-mailed me this solution. I was told to disable my startup items and services. So I did that. Then I downloaded the Microsoft Windows INstaller Clean Up Ultility. I did what it told me and then downloaded an activation.exe file.

End of e-mail. It didn't work.

Called again. They told me to make sure four things were "checked" in my msconfig file. They already were.

Called again. They told me to repair the program in the control panel. I did that and it still didn't work.

Called again. They told me that I should completely remove Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. So I did. I also did the Registry stuff they asked me to do.

I reinstalled and still have the same original problem. I was told that I would be contacted in 48 hours from another tech person (higher level) if nothing works. I'm not sure if that's going to happen as the lady seemed bothered by me (I wasn't even upset yet) because nothing was working.

I wanted to try the manual activation but it doen't work (I can't see a Activate Offline button or Offline Product Activation window).

Any help would be welcomed.

5 answers to this question

Archived