Recording to a CD or DVD

jfg

Question

I have various albums on my F drive. Will Creator 9 allow me to record songs from different albums onto a CD or DVD? That is, can I record songs from album #1, album #2 and album #3 onto a CD or DVD in one session?

Thank you.

jfg

4 answers to this question

The easiest way would be to capture them consecutively to the computer and then add the resulting files to the CD or DVD really.

Once there, you can clean them up and split as necessary

Thanks for your response. The albums are already on my hard drive. I'll keep your suggestion in mind when I add new albums.

If those are already on your hard drive then the question becomes are they already split into seperate tracks or are they in one big file.If they're one big file then the tracks will have to be split using something like Sound Editor.If they are seperate tracks then you can add them with no problem.

Keep in mind that Music Disc Creator will not make an audio cd on a DVD.To put music on a DVD that will play in a DVD player you'll need to make a DVD Audio Disc.

Either way,cd or dvd you can just choose "Add Audio Tracks" and the tracks will be added to the project.When you get them all added burn awway and you'll be set to go.

Thank you for responding.

The albums are stored to one folder called My Music on F Drive. Each of the albums inside this one folder are stored in their own folder. So, are the albums on separate tracks? Can I add songs from one folder and then songs from another folder by using "Add Audio Tracks"?

If there is one file per sub folder containing the entire LP, then it will be one track on the DVD/CD. However, if there are a number os separate tracks inside the folder, then can be added as individual tracks to the DVD.

You can either split the single files using sound editor into tracks or you can add then to the DVD as 'full album' tracks

The choice is yours

If those are already on your hard drive then the question becomes are they already split into seperate tracks or are they in one big file.If they're one big file then the tracks will have to be split using something like Sound Editor.If they are seperate tracks then you can add them with no problem.

Keep in mind that Music Disc Creator will not make an audio cd on a DVD.To put music on a DVD that will play in a DVD player you'll need to make a DVD Audio Disc.

Either way,cd or dvd you can just choose "Add Audio Tracks" and the tracks will be added to the project.When you get them all added burn awway and you'll be set to go.

Archived