• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 7 / 8 will not open!

sugarpants

Question

:) I am new to this forum. I have searched before posting and i found some information that might help...but i am away from my MAC (sob!), so help me out if you can. I just installed Tiger for the first time...and updated to 10.4.8. I have toast 7 and 8. Now, when i try to open either of them, they mount for a second...then disappear from the dock after bouncing a few times. Stuffit expander also did this for me under 10.3.9 and i could never figure it out. But i use toast daily! so, this if frustrating! The only thing i found was to try a different user and see if that works. Any thoughts? i will post this in the toast 8 forum also.

thanks! mike

6 answers to this question

Well what do ya know! the oldest trick in the book! it was the firewire Canopus ADV110 messin with it....but it was not doing so before the install. And when i plug it in while toast is open, it shuts itself down again. Hmmmm.....anyone know why? Well, at least i can toast the discs again. thanks all.

so...changing user did not help. Also, i see nothing in library preferences that i can trash. has anyone had this problem when changing to tiger?

In Finder/Library/Preferences/com.roxio.Toast.plist. Trash it when you find it.

In Finder/Library/Preferences/Roxio Toast Prefs. Trash it when you find it.

Then verify and fix permissions.

Then start up either one of your Toasts.

Archived