• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ITunes popup re registry after Suite 9 install

joewo01

Question

I have ITunes, Windows Media Player 11 and I HAD Roxio CD DVD 6. Roxio 6 suddenly failed to start its burning program...all of the other elements of the program worked...so i got Roxio 9 and it seems to work fine. After installing Roxio Media Creator Suite 9 I now get an ITunes popup saying that the ITunes CD DVD burning ability has been removed from the registry and I need to reinstall ITunes to fix it. I hit cancel and ITunes works fine, as does Roxio9.

My question is if I upgrade ITunes will that then take over the registry setting that Roxio 9 apparently altered and then I will have to reinstall Roxio? It seems these programs are fighting over control of my internal CD DVD burner. When I upgraded from WMP 10 to 11 i received the blue screen of death with a CD dll being the culprit. I could not get around that and wound up reformatting the hard drive.

I really only want to use Roxio to burn CD DVDs but these other programs keep elbowing their way in and it gives my computer heartburn. Is there a way other than not having ITunes and WMP to avoid this battle? I have Windows Home, Athlon64 with a gig of ram

Thanks

Joe

1 answer to this question

You may do just fine with an iTunes repair install but either way, you should have no trouble. I installed iTunes after EMC9 and had no trouble at all.

You may have more trouble with WMP11 though as many seem to but I haven't as of yet. I've been putting off uninstalling it but so far.......knock on wood.

By the way, I personally hate iTunes. Why make things more complicated than they should be. What ever happened to simple drag and drop? (my rant for this hour)

Archived