Problems With My Dell

wdg57

Question

I am having the exactly the same problem and can't get a response from Roxio. I have a Dell system and am NOT using a Maddog burner. My software was working fine until I upgraded my virus software. Now nothing I do seems to help. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with anti-virus and spyware disabled. Tried to install in safe mode without success. I've spent hours working on it and am about to give up!

Any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I am having the exactly the same problem and can't get a response from Roxio. I have a Dell system and am NOT using a Maddog burner. My software was working fine until I upgraded my virus software. Now nothing I do seems to help. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with anti-virus and spyware disabled. Tried to install in safe mode without success. I've spent hours working on it and am about to give up!

Any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks.

So, everything was working fine and THEN you upgraded your virus software and you have problems.

I think you have posted on the wrong forum. Contact your virus software people.

The myDVD tool is crashing upon startup.

Installed the program without any problem, but the following occurred when I went to create a DVD:

a) Started Roxio Creator 8.2

From the toolbar area, I selected:

c) DVD & Video

d) "Create or Edit DVD project"

The following then occurred:

e) "Please wait, loading components" dialog popped up

f) The MyDVD 8 window appeared

g) the tool crashed without selecting any menu items

I'm not using the home edition of XP, my monitor is probably different, and I might even be in a different time zone than "JoeWhatIsWrong"'s, but it is exactly the same problem as he described.

Why should I contact Norton? Their product is working fine and I have no evidence that it is causing any problems with my Roxio.

You "Gurus" are a bit quick to nit-pick and dismiss. I guess with Roxio's apathy, I'm just SOL.

I'm not using the home edition of XP, my monitor is probably different, and I might even be in a different time zone than "JoeWhatIsWrong"'s, but it is exactly the same problem as he described.

Why should I contact Norton? Their product is working fine and I have no evidence that it is causing any problems with my Roxio.

You "Gurus" are a bit quick to nit-pick and dismiss. I guess with Roxio's apathy, I'm just SOL.

Your words were "My software was working fine until I upgraded my virus software".

If that is "nit-picken", then I guess you are SOL.

Maybe do a System Restore to a date before you upgraded.

Archived