• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recovery of DVD gives error

F. Ferroni

Question

Hello.

I'm trying to copy a dvd that has quite a few scratches, and that the Apple Drive wouldn't completely copy.

However, when I access Toast 8, and copy the dvd with disc recovery and fit-to-dvd ... when it reaches the point of the stratches ... about 3/4 of the way ... it gets blocked and aborts the copying saying there was a problem with the compression.

I'm now trying to simply copy the dvd without the fit-do-dvd compression, but it's stuck 3/4 of the way ... for about 4 hours ... so is that normal? I read it would take a "long time" but exactly how long?

Would it be better if i just try to copy the dvd on the harddrive?

My computer isn't exactly the newest model ... it's a G4 imac

Thankyou,

Francesco

2 answers to this question

Hello.

I'm trying to copy a dvd that has quite a few scratches, and that the Apple Drive wouldn't completely copy.

However, when I access Toast 8, and copy the dvd with disc recovery and fit-to-dvd ... when it reaches the point of the stratches ... about 3/4 of the way ... it gets blocked and aborts the copying saying there was a problem with the compression.

I'm now trying to simply copy the dvd without the fit-do-dvd compression, but it's stuck 3/4 of the way ... for about 4 hours ... so is that normal? I read it would take a "long time" but exactly how long?

Would it be better if i just try to copy the dvd on the harddrive?

My computer isn't exactly the newest model ... it's a G4 imac

Thankyou,

Francesco

Having the exact same problem. Will you let me know what works for you?

Thanks!

Archived