Volume Build Fails

Pheral

Question

Has anyone received the error "Stream requested does not exist -19803' during the building of a volume?

Project is a widescreen SD DVD, with:

34 Menus, of which one is a motion menu. Some, but not all, of these have a music bed.

24 Titles. These are Quicktime exports from an Avid which I am allowing the software to encode. None of these have audio.

One slideshow, with music.

Any help would be dearly appreciated. I'm going to go ahead and try to burn a disc.

10 answers to this question

really running you through the ringer on this one. What is in the 24 titles. what kind of audio? Why 34 menus...is it a quiz disc or something? Here is what I would like you to do please.

Close out your project. delete your video session files. Open another project. Import just the 24 videos. drag all 24 to the project tree (should be able to drag all 24 at once). save. output a volume from that.

Did it work?

Next. Import in all of your audio. marry the audio to the video pieces. output a volume from that.

Did it work?

My bet at this point is there is a corruption in your menus somewhere. I don't know why, but if we get successfull volumes from your video and audio then we can look into what is up with your menus.

Sorry for the hassle.

Scott

HI, Scott,

I have followed your suggestions as dictated above and successfully built volumes, which leads me to believe that there is a problem with the menus, as you suggest. Any ideas what I should try next?

SUCCESS!

I got it to work. AFter performing the test as described by Scott above, I could only conclude that the issue was related to a menu. Basically, I just went down the list of menus in the project window, deleting each in turn, then trying to build a volume. If I received an error, I would undo the menu delete, then try the next one. Eventually, I deleted a menu and was able to build the volume, which meant it was the culprit.

I first tried to undo the delete and duplicate the bad menu, but I still got the error when I tried to build, so I wound up having to reconstruct the menu. Not that big a deal.

Except that I have spent hours and hours trying to get this feature to work, hours that I cannot charge a client. I view this as a bug in the menu system, and I hope the engineers can get it figured out.

The DVD looks great. I just hope I don't have to jump through the same hoops every time I want to author one.

if it crashes in the future, you should grab the transcoded video files from your temp folder and then import those into another project. That way, you won't have to go through an extended transcode the second time around.

Scott

Good to know I can do that. I just got the same error when trying to burn from project. It popped up after transcoding as it was analyzing the project.

if it crashes in the future, you should grab the transcoded video files from your temp folder and then import those into another project. That way, you won't have to go through an extended transcode the second time around.

Scott

Scott,

I am still trying to get this project to do something. I encoded all movie titles in an outside program (Sorenson Squeeze), and these now import as compliant.

I always seem to get the error when the progress bar shows "Planning audio for movie". Therefore, I stripped all audio out of the project - no audio now under any slideshows, motions menus, still menus, etc. I still get the same "Stream requested does not exist -19803" at the same point in the process.

Also tried reinstalling with no luck.

I could really use some suggestions.

sorry about the time suck. what was in the corrupt menu? video, audio, trimmed? motion thumbs with the starting frame changed? maybe an invisible button created with the highlight tool that wasn't really linked to anything.

Very hard to debug a bug when you have a situation where 33 menus work fine and 1 does not. that might point us to a situation where 3% of menus we build in testing fail (I don't see that on my side) or .3%. If it is the latter, that is very hard to track down and crack...

really running you through the ringer on this one. What is in the 24 titles. what kind of audio? Why 34 menus...is it a quiz disc or something? Here is what I would like you to do please.

Close out your project. delete your video session files. Open another project. Import just the 24 videos. drag all 24 to the project tree (should be able to drag all 24 at once). save. output a volume from that.

Did it work?

Next. Import in all of your audio. marry the audio to the video pieces. output a volume from that.

Did it work?

My bet at this point is there is a corruption in your menus somewhere. I don't know why, but if we get successfull volumes from your video and audio then we can look into what is up with your menus.

Sorry for the hassle.

Scott

sorry about the time suck. what was in the corrupt menu? video, audio, trimmed? motion thumbs with the starting frame changed? maybe an invisible button created with the highlight tool that wasn't really linked to anything.

Very hard to debug a bug when you have a situation where 33 menus work fine and 1 does not. that might point us to a situation where 3% of menus we build in testing fail (I don't see that on my side) or .3%. If it is the latter, that is very hard to track down and crack...

Menu was identical to five other mens in the project - an imported, timed still frame with four buttons routed to movie titles with still thumbs, two buttons routed to other menus, a music bed from a .wav file. The only difference in this menu was the routing of the buttons. And it's not my imported image; the reconstructed menu uses the same file.

I appreciate your willingness to listen and help and believe you about the difficulty in debugging this stuff. Nevertheless, that error ("Stream requested does not exist -19803") must mean something to someone amongst your programmers. It's hard for me to believe that it wouldn't lead them down some path.

But overall I am very happy with this software and plan on continuing with it; I would hope that Roxio/Sonic is pursuing its evolution.

I will check and see if that has been reported. uncompressed QT? I think we have seen a bug with motion menu thumbs and uncompressed QT.

Hi, Scott. thanks for replying.

Media for the project (Movie titles and the one motion menu) are same-as-source esports from Avid Xpress Pro v5.5.3 using the DNxHD codec.

I was letting the volume build overnight, and as best as I can recall, I got the error when the progress bar was saying something like "Adding Audio", so you might be right. I believe it was past the point where it was encoding all the other movie title assets.

But I have successfully burnt a DVD straight from the project using this same motion menu, so go figure.

As another aside: a future feature that would be great would be if the progress bar gave us a bit more information, so rather than "Transcoding Video", it told us specifically which video was being transcoded. This was one of the great features from the old ReelDVD - the details windwo. it made it a lot easier to troubleshoot problems.

I do appreciate your presence on this discussion board. I suspect it's a thankless job sometiimes.

Archived