lfitzinger

Bootable Xp Cd Help

Question

Ok, I have tried just about every setting. Using slip stream, I have made an XP pro disk that incorporates SP2. and it works just fine, however, I can't seem make one that will boot.

I have used ISObuster to extract the microsoft corporation.img and have added that to the new cd to burn. However, on the original XP cd it is located at LBA 21 and on my burned CD it ends up at 302764. I think that might be the problem.

I am using Roxio media creator 7 and using the Creator Classic. I choose bootable disk on the advance projects. I then add my microsoft corporation.img and my new slip streamed xp files. I have been using juliet file system and I remove the check on the exclude system files. Other direction I have for using Creator version 6 say to us "load segment 0x7c0 and sector 4. I don't see any setting like these in version 7.

what settings should I be using to creat a bootable CD?

Thank you very much.

Lisa

and P.S. I have always used Roxio since ver. 4. I love your software.

2 answers to this question

I have used Roxio since version 3 and also like it a lot. However, they removed the function to create bootable CDs in version 7. I would recommend that you check out Autostreamer for creating a slipstreamed bootable disc. You might also want to check out Autopatcher that will install the hotfixes and patches that were released after SP2 was released.

Edited by jssilva

Ok, I have tried just about every setting. Using slip stream, I have made an XP pro disk that incorporates SP2. and it works just fine, however, I can't seem make one that will boot.

I have used ISObuster to extract the microsoft corporation.img and have added that to the new cd to burn. However, on the original XP cd it is located at LBA 21 and on my burned CD it ends up at 302764. I think that might be the problem.

I am using Roxio media creator 7 and using the Creator Classic. I choose bootable disk on the advance projects. I then add my microsoft corporation.img and my new slip streamed xp files. I have been using juliet file system and I remove the check on the exclude system files. Other direction I have for using Creator version 6 say to us "load segment 0x7c0 and sector 4. I don't see any setting like these in version 7.

what settings should I be using to creat a bootable CD?

Thank you very much.

Lisa

and P.S. I have always used Roxio since ver. 4. I love your software.

Hi jssilva, the best way to get items slipstreamed into an image or iso of winxp is to use this little tool here.

The product is called Nlight and it is one of the best tools to use to make OS cd or images,

nLite is a tool for permanent Windows component removal and pre-installation Windows setup. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines. With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install doesn't include, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.

nLite Features

- Service Pack Integration

- Component Removal

- Unattended Setup

- Driver Integration *

- Hotfixes Integration **

- Tweaks

- Patches ***

- Bootable ISO creation

* - Textmode (CD Boot) and normal PnP

** - hotfixes with white icons, *KB*.exe

***- supports generic SFC, Uxtheme, TcpIp and Usb Polling patching.

So far it supports Windows 2000, XP x86/x64 and 2003 x86/x64 all languages.

This little app is a nice clean gui product and as soon as you have made your image or ISO of the OS , you can use EMC to bun them...

It can be found here....

Click here to download latest version

Hope it helps you... id say it is one of the best OS slipstream products arround....and its free or if you want to donate to them, (i have)