• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Losing video/sound sync during editing with 9 deluxe

always looking to learn

Question

:) I have tried every which way to edit my files, both video and DVD, using EMC 9. When I cut part of the file, editing-out adverts from a TV prog', the resulting file loses Video/Sound sync.

Does anyone know why this happens?

I simply load the file into the editing package, cut the parts I don't want and save the resulting file. I have played the file back using various players, including Cyberlink DVD 7 and my DVD player, and the files do not sync'.

Heeelp please. :huh:

Brian

5 answers to this question

Hi there:

After reading other posts that include the same problems that I have experienced I decided to "BITE THE BULLET" and change the software. I now use NERO 7 and that works fine. It is not as good a package, ease of use etc, but it does work and keeps sync throughout the processes used. It even completes a PAL to NTSC and NTSC to PAL conversion with perfect sync.

I AM SORRY ROXIO BUT YOU NEED TO WORK HARDER ON THE DRIVERS FOR YOUR PRODUCT.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, in this post as well as all the others, but my advice to anyone is buy the package that works.

:) I have tried every which way to edit my files, both video and DVD, using EMC 9. When I cut part of the file, editing-out adverts from a TV prog', the resulting file loses Video/Sound sync.

I simply load the file into the editing package, cut the parts I don't want and save the resulting file. I have played the file back using various players, including Cyberlink DVD 7 and my DVD player, and the files do not sync'.

Brian

What type of file are you starting with and what are you ending with? Some things to help is to keep your hard drive defragged and shut down as many of the behind the scenes programs that you can that might interfere. You don't list your computer specs which might help somewhat in diagnosing the problem.

Brian

If you're using .MPG files, you could try converting them to .AVI files first, and doing your editing there. I know we've seen at least one person say that worked for them.

I have tried verious formats but the result is always the same.

I run a disk manager that keeps all H/Ds in top condition. I see where you are going with this but I have tried all the options I could think of without any change.

I record TV prog's on my "stand alone" Philips DVD recorder. These have to be "finalised" before they can be read using the PC. Then I try to edit out the adverts and other dross. When I have finished the file is a long way out of sync'. Any other idea's?

Please help

Brian

Well, I also wound up picking up Video ReDo, which makes very fast work of trimming .MPG files, and it maintains Audio/Video Sync. Fairly reasonably priced... maybe just the ticket.

What type of file are you starting with and what are you ending with? Some things to help is to keep your hard drive defragged and shut down as many of the behind the scenes programs that you can that might interfere. You don't list your computer specs which might help somewhat in diagnosing the problem.

I have a Gigabyte board using nVidea chipset, AMD 64bit 3400 CPU, 1,024Mb Memory, Radeon 8500DV Video Card, Windows XP Service Pack 2 Build 5.1.2600, Maxtor H/D on the primary IDE bus 1 as master (no slave), a Pioneer DVD writer on IDE 2 as Master (no slave) and two Maxtor SATA drives. I use the SATA drives for all video usage (editing and saving files.

I have tried taking the files directly off the DVD (written with my "stand alone" DVD recorder) but the software will not allow editing from the DVD file. So then I converted the files to AVI and Mpeg2 prior to editing but the same result????

I have installed a friends copy of Nero 7, it is not as good a package, and this works no problem, I may have to take this package back and buy NERO; the software does not have the same usability and options BUT AT LEAST IT WORKS.

If you're using .MPG files, you could try converting them to .AVI files first, and doing your editing there. I know we've seen at least one person say that worked for them.

Hi There:

I have tried verious formats but the result is always the same.

I run a disk manager that keeps all H/Ds in top condition. I see where you are going with this but I have tried all the options I could think of without any change.

I record TV prog's on my "stand alone" Philips DVD recorder. These have to be "finalised" before they can be read using the PC. Then I try to edit out the adverts and other dross. When I have finished the file is a long way out of sync'. Any other idea's?

Please help

Brian

Archived