• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need To Edit a Burned DVD Project

Paulmark

I made a DVD several months ago using pictures that I compiled into a slideshow. I edited in videowave and then burned it to DVD. Since that time I erased all files concerning that project....but I kept a copy for myself. I found out today I have a wrong date and need to correct it. Is there anyway I can load that DVD onto my hard drive and edit it and then burn to DVD. Please help!

I made a DVD several months ago using pictures that I compiled into a slideshow. I edited in videowave and then burned it to DVD. Since that time I erased all files concerning that project....but I kept a copy for myself. I found out today I have a wrong date and need to correct it. Is there anyway I can load that DVD onto my hard drive and edit it and then burn to DVD. Please help!

What version and program are you using? It's usually possible to Capture the video off the DVD and change it.

Several ways actually depending on what version you have. With V7 or V8 8 you can copy the VOB files to your computer, change the extension from VOB to mpg and edit the file in VideoWave. With EMC 9, you do not need to rename the file to use it in VideoWave If you have a problem with that, you could also capture the video to a avi file which is a little easier to edit.

The issue becomes where you have the date. If it is on an image or color panel, you may be able to extract the image, use Photosuite to edit the date and then put it back. You will have to cut out the original image with the wrong date and match the transition and timing of the transition. You will also have to edit the audio when you split the video, copy that part to a new project and then extract the audio. When you add in the new date, you add that audio on the music track and mute the video that is in that area on the current native audio track. It is not easy but it can be done. After I had done a slide show, and put it on a DVD, I realized that I had duplicated one image.

Perhaps these video will help. They are for V9 but the process is essentially the same for V7, V8 Deluxe Suite and V9. V8 Suite doesn't have the Sound Editor and does not retain settings for reduced volume audio. You can use it as long as you output the file after you make the audio changes.

Please, In the future, provide a little more information regarding what program/version you are using and you experience with editing video. A little info on your computer in you signature would also be helpful. Use the My Controls at the top of this page to edit your signature..

Several ways actually depending on what version you have. With V7 or V8 8 you can copy the VOB files to your computer, change the extension from VOB to mpg and edit the file in VideoWave. With EMC 9, you do not need to rename the file to use it in VideoWave If you have a problem with that, you could also capture the video to a avi file which is a little easier to edit.

The issue becomes where you have the date. If it is on an image or color panel, you may be able to extract the image, use Photosuite to edit the date and then put it back. You will have to cut out the original image with the wrong date and match the transition and timing of the transition. You will also have to edit the audio when you split the video, copy that part to a new project and then extract the audio. When you add in the new date, you add that audio on the music track and mute the video that is in that area on the current native audio track. It is not easy but it can be done. After I had done a slide show, and put it on a DVD, I realized that I had duplicated one image.

Perhaps these video will help. They are for V9 but the process is essentially the same for V7, V8 Deluxe Suite and V9. V8 Suite doesn't have the Sound Editor and does not retain settings for reduced volume audio. You can use it as long as you output the file after you make the audio changes.

Please, In the future, provide a little more information regarding what program/version you are using and you experience with editing video. A little info on your computer in you signature would also be helpful. Use the My Controls at the top of this page to edit your signature..

A thought, if you had selected to archive the images used in the slide show, you may have all the images you need there. You would not have to try to edit the image with the wrong date. Just use that archived image.

Archived