Not Playing on DVD Player

Slappy

Question

Hey All,

I'm kinda new to this so bear with me. I burned my first DVD last night using EMC9. The DVD plays fine on my pc. It plays fine on my old, portable DVD player. But when I put it into my nice Toshiba, it gets weird. The menu shows up and works fine. But the videos don't play properly. The audio is fine but the video is garbled (big yellow lines across the screen). When I pause it, you can sort of see the real video mixed in there somewhere. I read through some posts and thought that it might be the type of disk (DVD-R) but the more that I thought about it, the more I realized that couldn't be the problem (if it was, the menu wouldn't even show). Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to correct?

Thanks...

5 answers to this question

Hey All,

I'm kinda new to this so bear with me. I burned my first DVD last night using EMC9. The DVD plays fine on my pc. It plays fine on my old, portable DVD player. But when I put it into my nice Toshiba, it gets weird. The menu shows up and works fine. But the videos don't play properly. The audio is fine but the video is garbled (big yellow lines across the screen). When I pause it, you can sort of see the real video mixed in there somewhere. I read through some posts and thought that it might be the type of disk (DVD-R) but the more that I thought about it, the more I realized that couldn't be the problem (if it was, the menu wouldn't even show). Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to correct?

Thanks...

Some players don't like homemade dvd's as much as others. I had a JVC that didn't like much of my discs no matter what the brand and my Toshiba plays 80% of them and I just got an LG that plays everything I throw at it.

You might try to burn your projects at a slower speed and burn to an image file first.

Sorry for the delayed response - I was away on a biz trip.

Anyway, the DVD player is a Toshiba. It's handled most everything before. I'll try burning at a slower speed (16x last time) and if that doesn't work, I'll create the image file first. If that doesn't work, I'll either be back here or kicking my Toshiba. Thanks for the advice.

Archived