microsoft virtual c++

Ivor

Question

These 2 windows come up after the computer, (a new high end Dell) boots up:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Buffer overrun detected! Program: ...d\9.0\Roxio central33\Main\Roxio_Central33.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated. " Included in this window is a BIG red X.

The second window sez,: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Buffer overrun detected! Program: ...s\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated. "

what is this, how do I get rid of it, is the program usable, stable.

I am running XP, with media center. Roxio was included with the computer, however, I bought the full Creator 9 and installed it. this message came up about 2 weeks after I have installed the program.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Ivor

8 answers to this question

This just in!

I cannot get updates for the fresh reinstall I get this:

"The Update service does not recognise this product. Please contact your software vendor for updates to this product. Error 13001: Product not registered with the updater service." I am registered!

Any guesses?

Archived