DVDs not recognized Please Help

kaya

Question

I ripped my DVD library with Mac the Ripper and then compressed them with DVD2ONEx. I then used Toast 8 to burn the Video_TS onto DVD (I used 3 different brands, Taiyo Yuden, Philips and Hyundai) (using the Video_TS option). My computer (a Mac G4) recognizes them and they play back fine but both of the DVD players in my apartment fail to recognize them.

Please excuse such a rudimentary query, but I'm a bit lost.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

You do not need to use DVD2ONEX after you rip the files using MactheRipper. Open the files up in toast8, under the video tab select DVD-VideoTS file and open the files on your hard drive and Toast will compress the video files if needed.

I have and use Toast 7 & 8 but:

When is the last time you tried to copy a newer Sony or LionsGate DVD? Good luck using Toast on them. It will choke on RipLock, ARccOS and badly master IFOs. You DO need DVD2oneX.

EDIT: I guess I will be put back on Probation for my answer but only trying to help.

It will surprise me if this thread last too much longer.

I think we need a little more information. How old are the players in your apartment? A number of older players will not recognize home-burnt disks. Are you using +R or -R disks? A number of players have trouble with +R disks. It often helps if you burn at less than full speed; some players have trouble if there are minor imperfections in the burn. The disks, I assume, are passing the verification cycle in Toast?

I ripped my DVD library with Mac the Ripper and then compressed them with DVD2ONEx. I then used Toast 8 to burn the Video_TS onto DVD (I used 3 different brands, Taiyo Yuden, Philips and Hyundai) (using the Video_TS option). My computer (a Mac G4) recognizes them and they play back fine but both of the DVD players in my apartment fail to recognize them.

Please excuse such a rudimentary query, but I'm a bit lost.

Thanks

You do not need to use DVD2ONEX after you rip the files using MactheRipper. Open the files up in toast8, under the video tab select DVD-VideoTS file and open the files on your hard drive and Toast will compress the video files if needed.

Archived