Simulation Question?

plee

Question

I have about 10 clips on my project and some are link by buttons and are meant to be a single clip (once the playback is done it goes back to the menu, no chapter stops), but when I go to the simulator and press NEXT it goes to the next clip instead of back to the menu...my question is this normal behavior or a bug? If this is the way it will work (on a real player also), I'm guessing a workaround will be to put a chapter stop close to the end of the clip ?!?

4 answers to this question

The application is a multi-VTS product. On some old DVD players, you can't skip from title to title. On the newer ones, they have made it so that the behavior is to skip from one title to the next. you need to put the chapter point near the end of the timeline as you suggested...and then the user will see a second of black and the end action will take them back to the menu. ***Note that if you trim the head of the video clip and then put a chapter point very close to the end of the timeline you might get a vobulator error. So, don't trim.

The application is a multi-VTS product. On some old DVD players, you can't skip from title to title. On the newer ones, they have made it so that the behavior is to skip from one title to the next. you need to put the chapter point near the end of the timeline as you suggested...and then the user will see a second of black and the end action will take them back to the menu. ***Note that if you trim the head of the video clip and then put a chapter point very close to the end of the timeline you might get a vobulator error. So, don't trim.

Thanks, Scott.

I have about 10 clips on my project and some are link by buttons and are meant to be a single clip (once the playback is done it goes back to the menu, no chapter stops), but when I go to the simulator and press NEXT it goes to the next clip instead of back to the menu...my question is this normal behavior or a bug? If this is the way it will work (on a real player also), I'm guessing a workaround will be to put a chapter stop close to the end of the clip ?!?

You need to set the end action for each movie. Select a movie in the project window. Then, in the attributes window, select the Movie tab. There you can set what happens when the movie ends. If you tell it to go to a menu, it will allow you to set which button to highlight when it gets there.

I think that's right, anyway.

You need to set the end action for each movie. Select a movie in the project window. Then, in the attributes window, select the Movie tab. There you can set what happens when the movie ends. If you tell it to go to a menu, it will allow you to set which button to highlight when it gets there.

I think that's right, anyway.

Thanks. :)

Archived