• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Creator 9 convert ASF files?

Lake Nokomis

Question

When I bought Creator 9 it avertised ASF as a supported video input file format. Now I'm not so sure and would like confirmation based on actual experience. I have had my productions choke-in-burning at conversion when they hit the first ASF file. I get the 80040207 error. I would like to know if other users are getting this error when converting ASF files. Maybe they are, but they haven't narrowed down where their burns are going bad.

ASF is a patented Microsoft file format, I have learned. I am getting a converter from MS, but am wondering what I need to convert to in order for Roxio's converter to accept the file during burn process.

2 answers to this question

When I bought Creator 9 it avertised ASF as a supported video input file format. Now I'm not so sure and would like confirmation based on actual experience. I have had my productions choke-in-burning at conversion when they hit the first ASF file. I get the 80040207 error. I would like to know if other users are getting this error when converting ASF files. Maybe they are, but they haven't narrowed down where their burns are going bad.

ASF is a patented Microsoft file format, I have learned. I am getting a converter from MS, but am wondering what I need to convert to in order for Roxio's converter to accept the file during burn process.

I tried 2 that I got off the net and imported them directly into MyDVD with no problems. Previewed fine. Burned to ISO with no problems either.

Archived