• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Major Problem With Burning PLEASE HELP!

jn1022

Question

Hello,

I have a very long video wich i edited in videowave 9. It is about 8.5 gb. I use the regualr 4.7 gm dvds. I want to burn this onto as many dvds as necessary but I want it to be very, very good quality. I am burning this so that I can use it on my dvd player. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

3 answers to this question

Start thinking in terms of Time rather than file size…

A 4.7gb DVD will hold about 1 hour of DVD Movie at highest quality. A DL disc will hold about 1:57.

But keep in mind that you cannot render up to a higher quality. If you have a source clip that it 720 X 480 at 1.5mbps, nothing you can do will make that grainy washed out clip look any better! 720 X 480 @ 9mbps is as good as you can output.

I suggest this for you current project. Load it in VW and create splits at about the 1 hour points or slightly less. Save the Project

Now do a Save As "Disc 1". Delete the splits 2 & 3 and save.

Load the Project and Save As "Disc 2". Delete the splits 1 & 3 and save.

Load the Project and Save As "Disc 3". Delete the splits 1 & 2 and save.

Open MyDVD and when you Add Title choose "Disc 1.dmsm". Burn then repeat with the other Disc projects.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the rep;y. Just one more thing though. In the production how would i know when it was an hour.Thanks!!

Start thinking in terms of Time rather than file size…

A 4.7gb DVD will hold about 1 hour of DVD Movie at highest quality. A DL disc will hold about 1:57.

But keep in mind that you cannot render up to a higher quality. If you have a source clip that it 720 X 480 at 1.5mbps, nothing you can do will make that grainy washed out clip look any better! 720 X 480 @ 9mbps is as good as you can output.

I suggest this for you current project. Load it in VW and create splits at about the 1 hour points or slightly less. Save the Project

Now do a Save As "Disc 1". Delete the splits 2 & 3 and save.

Load the Project and Save As "Disc 2". Delete the splits 1 & 3 and save.

Load the Project and Save As "Disc 3". Delete the splits 1 & 2 and save.

Open MyDVD and when you Add Title choose "Disc 1.dmsm". Burn then repeat with the other Disc projects.

Archived