• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

HELP NEEDED!

JackSummer

Question

After I burn a disk it says that the files have been moved to a folder called "Roxio Converted Items" and I can no longer open the Toast file with the original songs in anymore because the tracks can not be found.

It's just an inconvenience to have to keep putting the same tracks and titles in everytime I want to burn the same disk. Is there a way to fix this problem? Also, I was wondering... How do you make it so that the track names will come up when you put the burned disk in another computer because I've never been able to do that either.

I'm using Toast 6 Titanium through a Mac Powerbook.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack

2 answers to this question

I'm presuming you are burning an audio CD and are importing tracks from other CDs. Go to Toast Preferences and choose Never to empty the Converted Items folder. (You can still empty items from the folder using the Finder). Now just choose Save from the File menu to save a Toast project file that points to those items in the Converted Items folder.

Nothing can burn an audio CD that enables track names to appear in other computers. Toast will burn CD Text but that info only appears in players that are equipped to display CD Text. Computers don't do that. On Macs the track info that is displayed is read from a CDInfo database file that iTunes - or CDDB downloads - writes to the hard drive. If your CD is listed in the online CDDB then other computers can automatically download that info the first time your CD is inserted.

Alternatively, with other Macs you could use the CD Info to CD Text Applescript available at www.dougscripts.com to transfer CD Text info on the disc to iTunes.

I'm presuming you are burning an audio CD and are importing tracks from other CDs. Go to Toast Preferences and choose Never to empty the Converted Items folder. (You can still empty items from the folder using the Finder). Now just choose Save from the File menu to save a Toast project file that points to those items in the Converted Items folder.

Nothing can burn an audio CD that enables track names to appear in other computers. Toast will burn CD Text but that info only appears in players that are equipped to display CD Text. Computers don't do that. On Macs the track info that is displayed is read from a CDInfo database file that iTunes - or CDDB downloads - writes to the hard drive. If your CD is listed in the online CDDB then other computers can automatically download that info the first time your CD is inserted.

Alternatively, with other Macs you could use the CD Info to CD Text Applescript available at www.dougscripts.com to transfer CD Text info on the disc to iTunes.

Thanks a lot for that, I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Jack

Archived