Max temporary file size

videographer

Question

I am trying to burn a blu-ray disk, but at the burning stage I get an error message "Temporary file exceed the maximum file size currently allowed on your temporary hard drive. To transfer files larger than 4GB, please choose a hard drive formatted with the NT filing system (NTFS)...." My drives are NTFS and have adequate space. I increased the windows page size to 10GB, but this made no difference.

My movie will be 23.4GB on the Blu-ray and is just one Mpeg 2 file. Can anyone help please?

6 answers to this question

are you getting a Blu-ray legal encode out of Elecard? When you pull the source file into DVDit does it say that it is not Blu-ray legal...or just that it is not DVD legal? Does it proceed to transcode that file when you burn a project?

The output is not Blu-ray legal from Elecard (not sure why though) as reported by DVDit. It doesn't get as far as transcoding though - the error apears just after selecting the Blu-ray drive.

this is a known issue. tends to predominantly effect systems connected to certain RAID systems. there will be a bug fix release to address this sometime in the next 3 weeks or so.

I don't have a raid array so how can I get around this issue?

I tried setting my network drive as the temp folder and still got the error, also I tried writing the disk image instead of burning and that didnt work either.

What I don't understand is why I was able to burn a 17GB disk without this error, although it lost the sound track which was odd.

I think it is an error with writing an individual file that is greater than 4 GB to the temp folder. you could transcode your files in another application and then import them. if they are legal there won't be anything placed in the temp folder and you should be able to create your disc.

I don't have a raid array so how can I get around this issue?

I tried setting my network drive as the temp folder and still got the error, also I tried writing the disk image instead of burning and that didnt work either.

What I don't understand is why I was able to burn a 17GB disk without this error, although it lost the sound track which was odd.

I think it is an error with writing an individual file that is greater than 4 GB to the temp folder. you could transcode your files in another application and then import them. if they are legal there won't be anything placed in the temp folder and you should be able to create your disc.

The file has already been trancoded from AVC/H.264 format by Elecard Converter Studio. I am using the AVC to HD Meg 2 profile.

I have a theroy I am going to try, I think the problem might be that my source file is on a differnet drive to DVDIT, so I am going to move it and try again.

Archived