Correction to my previous message. Hope you can help

missnz

Question

What I was trying to say and do not realise I had made a mistake. Using my voice program, what I need to do is to be able to export a file to a CD and can not find a way of formatting the CD. Sorry about the problem with my last message. I do need to be able to use this as a long-term storage, and can not use Easy Media Creator 9 as far as I can see.

Thanks again, Michelle

5 answers to this question

As I understand it, Dragon Naturally speaking converts the words you speak into text in a word processor, such as Word or Corel Wordperfect. So instead of trying to export directly to CD you could just save the text file it created to your hard drive, then use creator classic to burn that to a CD.

What I was trying to say and do not realise I had made a mistake. Using my voice program, what I need to do is to be able to export a file to a CD and can not find a way of formatting the CD. Sorry about the problem with my last message. I do need to be able to use this as a long-term storage, and can not use Easy Media Creator 9 as far as I can see.

Thanks again, Michelle

Hi, Michelle

I read your other post and I am not sure what you are trying to do. But I think you want to make a CD that contains data files as backups. If so, you can use Creator Classic in EMC9 to accomplish that. You do not need to format the CD. The process would go something like this:

1. Open Creator Classic and make sure Data Disc is selected from the Projects window.

2. Navigate to the file(s) you want to copy to a CD, highlight each file and click the Add button or drag the files to the Data Disc Project window.

3. When all files have be added, insert a blank CD into your burner and click the burn icon.

4. Expand the Burn Options window. From here I would recommend selecting Read-Only disc. Make any other changes that you want and then click OK

If this does not address the problem you are having, please post back with some additional details such as the type of CD you want to create, file types to store, etc.

Hope that helps

Thanks again, Michelle

No need to be sorry. Can your voice program do what Merv is suggesting with Creator Classic? You won't need to format the CD.

If the use of your voice program requires a formatted CD, then you should be able to do that with Drag to Disc. I would only use Drag to Disc, if I was forced to.

No need to be sorry. Can your voice program do what Merv is suggesting with Creator Classic? You won't need to format the CD.

If the use of your voice program requires a formatted CD, then you should be able to do that with Drag to Disc. I would only use Drag to Disc, if I was forced to.

Thank you everyone I was trying to avoid using drag and drop as everyone here says it is only for temporary use. The problem, I can see when I tried to use the classic was that these files are acting out without pulling out directory in the way that the Dragon NaturallySpeaking works for is to export. I thought there would be some way in Windows operating system or somewhere, which would let you format a disc when you do not have drag-and-drop installed, but cannot find that. Thanks again, everyone looks like I will have to use drag and drop. Unfortunately, Michelle

Archived